“My kind of Irish Pub”

Castlebay Irish Pub
Ranked #59 of 348 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Gainesville, Virginia
“My kind of Irish Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

We felt at home as soon as we walked through the doors. Not pretentious, yet not to kitschy. Our waiter was friendly and helpful with drink suggestions. We must have been there during happy hour because the drinks were super reasonably priced. We didn't try the food, but will definitely return to this friendly and welcome pub for more good times.

Visited November 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food, great ambiance, makes me want to go to Ireland”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

The tomato whiskey soup was delicious, as were the cabbage rolls. The servce was friendly, and I liked the instruments on the wall (I'm easy to please, I know). Seemed like a place where the locals go, where the state employees hide out after work to moan about senator whats-his-what, which I support completely. Would love to stop in again on my next trip to Annapolis.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank steckarrr
Arnold, Maryland
“Sunday Night Karaoke”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

A group of friends and I stopped in one Sunday night for drinks. There was a deejay and a karaoke stand with every song under the sun. It was great feeling like I was back in Ireland (minus the karaoke). Love that they had Magner's cider. The atmosphere was comfortable and homey. And the bathrooms were clean!

• Visited July 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Carnival Of Noise Drummer Needed to Feast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Had great food and drinks at this Irish Pub, Spent time with a great friend. We enjoyed awesome service and food!

Visited August 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“The local's pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Annapolis has many interesting eateries and bars but few attract the locals as does Castle Bay. Locals often avoid downtown during the tourist season preferring the less crowded Eastport section of town. Castle Bay is the one downtown pub that where local's dominate the crowd. Proprietor Vince Quinlan is really an Irishman, so he brings you a very friendly and authentic experience.

Visited September 2012