“Not my favorite anymore :(”
Review of Carrol's Creek

Carrol's Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Carrol's Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 357 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 5th St.
Transit: Water taxi from downtown Annapolis.
Reviewed January 8, 2009

I used to think this was one of the best restaurants in Annapolis, but can't say that anymore. The view is undeniably gorgeous, but couple that with mediocre brunch food, spotty glasses and silverware, and a server wearing a filthy apron, it certainly won't be on my list of favorites any longer.

1  Thank MREPartyGirl

Reviewed November 1, 2008

I had had high hopes for this place from the reviews I read, but was disappointed on all fronts, except for the location: the view really was lovely.

My boyfriend and I split the crabcake entre, as well as a salad and the crab bisque. The portions were fairly large, so I was definitely glad we had split them, but I was really annoyed that they charged us a $5.00 fee for the privilege.

The food itself was solidly mediocre. It didn't seem like a lot of care went into the ingredients. I requested some olive oil for our bread (a request which seemed to confuse the waiter), and the oil they brought out was honestly disgusting; I only had one taste and then didn't touch it again. The butter for the bread was also not particularly good -- I suspect it wasn't real butter. Neither of which is a crime, but in a place that expensive, you expect them to use quality ingredients.

The other major problem was the price. Even splitting our food, and only having a 1/2 bottle of wine, the bill ended up being $95, including tip. Now, I'm not one to complain about spending a hundred dollars on dinner if it's a really special meal, but this food was just not that good.

Overall, it was a very disappointing experience, and I don't recommend this restaurant for anyone.

Reviewed October 28, 2008

Outstanding view of the harbor, great service, food was outstanding - Cream of Crab Soup is one of the best around. Sauteed Shrimp Pasta was simply delightful. This restaurant is a bit pricy but worth the $$$.

Reviewed October 27, 2008

I met friends here for brunch last Sunday. Reservations were not a problem & we were seated promptly at a table overlooking the marina. Great views, but the food at this buffet brunch is disappointing. Scrambled eggs were lukewarm, as was the eggs benedict. Couple that with an English muffin too tough to cut with a knife, and the benedict was totally inedible. If I went again I'd skip the buffet table and go straight to the omelet station. I'm assuming those would at least be a little warm. Potatoes were also cold. On the plus side, the waffles were warm, crisp and delicious, as were the cinnamon rolls. Complimentary mimosa was also good.

Bottom line, unless you don't mind spending $21.95 per person for cold food, you're better off going elsewhere for brunch.

1  Thank SGIGal
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed October 26, 2008

great food, water view and waitress-Hi Hillary

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook