“Group Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Carrol's Creek

Carrol's Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Carrol's Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 348 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 5th St.
Transit: Water taxi from downtown Annapolis.
West Kennebunk, Maine
“Group Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went to Carrol's Creek with a group of 13 people and couldn't have been more pleased. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. The menu was varied and everything we had was excellent.

Savannah, Georgia
“Outstanding ... For all the right reasons!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

While vacationing in DC, some Maryland friends took us to Carrol's Creek Cafe for dinner. They had heard good things about it and were anxious to try it out. Good thing they chose us to do it with. What a nice evening. We were seated promptly outside as requested. It's casual but not "too casual" and other diners seemed like they were enjoying themselves. We were fortunate enough to get Marion as our server and had lots of laughs with him. Not only is he good at what he does, he was happy to engage in the banter and kept the evening going. (Its too bad he wants to grow up to be a lobbyist and "change how government runs" because more people can benefit from his terrific style as a server!). Our meals were outstanding and presented perfectly. Temperatures, presentation, taste ... all good. Even when the power went out in the entire block for 10 minutes or so, the kitchen delivered on time and without hiccup. I'm sure that Marion was doing his part too. The manager, Vanessa, stopped by to chat and finished our evening nicely. The free parking was a nice touch too. So, you get the message .... go here!

Texas
“Wonderful lunch on deck!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Went for a late lunch and sat on the deck that had a wonderful view over the river. Lots of little prams with pint sized sailors in them. I had the crab cake sandwich which was wonderful and my husband had the ciopino which was light and tasty. Service was very friendly and warm. Loved the little chocolate covered hard mints when you left.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Crabcakes & cream of crab soup -- native approved!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

My friend is not from Maryland. She wanted to experience Maryland's crabby cuisine while down here for a 4-day getaway.

I'm a native Marylander and I'm a crab dish snob. I am very leery of "best crab (-s, cakes, soup) in ....," claims.

The crab cakes and cream of crab soup at Carroll's Creek were sooo good that I didn't want to spoil the high by ordering them someplace else for the next 4 days. My friend was determined to sample the cream of crab and crab cakes at other venues in Annapolis and on the Eastern Shore (where we spent part of getaway). I took tastes from her orders and was glad I hadn't ordered them myself.

How good were the cream of crab and crab cakes at Carrol's Creek? So good that we stopped there again and had them for lunch on our way back to DC at the end of our 4 day trip.

The crab cakes are made with minimal amount of binder, lightly seasoned, golden crispy crust on top and bottom. Made with an understanding of the delicate sweet/salty flavor of blue crab. (The scallop dish that we tried was not so delicately handled, which is a shame.)

Service at Carrol's Creek was good when we had dinner there Monday night, but on Thursday, at lunch, there were 2 glitches: (1) we weren't given bread and had to send someone to find our waitress to ask for it; (2) the waitress started clearing the table (not just my friend's plate) before I was finished my meal. (Wait staff, please don't do this. It makes a diner feel like s/he's holding up the rest of the party or, worse, like s/he's being rushed to finish up and pay the bill.)

Overall high marks for Carrol's Creek, but with recommendation that they improve the lunch time service.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank DrivingScooter
PA
“Lovely Sunday brunch with husband and baby”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband, our 5 month-old, and I enjoyed a lovely Sunday brunch outside at Carrol's Creek. The service and the food were excellent. My husband and I each had an omelet to order (included in the price of brunch) and thought there were many good options at the buffet -- even for someone like me with several food allergies. The waitress was so kind and attentive and even brought us coffee to go at the end of our meal. We will definitely be going back again soon.