“Continually Amazing O'Learys” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of O'Leary's Seafood Restaurant

O'Leary's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
O'Leary's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 347 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Severn Avenue
Transit: Water taxi
Wilmington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Continually Amazing O'Learys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I recently returned to O'Learys to celebrate our anniversary. We were not disappointed! Not only were we greeted with a complimentary glass of champagne, but the "few" specials announced by our waitress were awesome: crab portofino-chilled jumbo lump crab dressed with spanish vinagrette and served over mixed mesculin greens with grape tomatoes and sliced cumcumbers; maine lobster accompanied by pancetta and corn risotto and sugar snap peas; grilled swordfish drizzled with olive oil, lemon and fresh mint, accompanied with orzo pasta with pesto and grilled shrimp; seafood alfredo of crab, scallops, and shrimp; and soft shell crabs flashed fried with the option of an accompanying crab cake.

What to do? I had the crab portofino as my appetizer, and it was exquisite. If you ever find this appetizer on O'Learys menu, it is a must-order. Of course, the crabmeat and greens were fresh and tasty, but just enough spanish vinagrette gave them the extra flavor and a bit of "zip" that made the dish special. Even with so many mouth-watering specials to choose from, though, my wife and I resorted to our favorites from the menu: the whole rockfish and the crispy Florida grouper. Both arrived at the table prepared to perfection.

Any seafood restaurant that can serve up so many choices, surprise you with new taste delights, and deliver your perfected favorites time after time is A-1 in my book. And how about that thoughtful complimentary champagne? Next time maybe we'll break away from the menu and just feast on appetizers as suggested by another recent reviewer.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank LPAWilmington

Connecticut
“Can I give it more than 5 stars?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

An absolutely outstanding meal!! From fabulous drinks (try to Blueberry Lemonade -- trust me) to delicious, warm bread with a slightly seasoned butter to a completely AMAZING meal. The swordfish special was a heavenly experience...and I don't eat seafood. The soft shelled crab and crab cake was also a big hit! Truly marvelous -- and fantastic, personable service -- thanks, Pat! You were great! We enjoyed our evening with you!

Visited May 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“O'Learys has lost it's spark.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have fond memories of previous visits to this seafood restaurant but our most recent visit was a great disappointment. The dishes are seriously over-engineered for our taste with every fish stuffed, coated and topped to a point that it is no longer recognizable. My salad was wilted and topped with tasteless pears and a dressing that only added an essence of stale herbs. My baked oysters had sat under the heat lamp for so long that the little oyster fork on the plate was too hot to handle. In short - it wasn't worth the money. On the plus side, our waitress Kelly did an excellent job but the overall experience was very disappointing. There are many better places to eat in Annapolis / Eastport.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Moonshadower
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Another Great Meal at O'Learys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

O'Learys remains in my mind the best seafood restaurant in Annapolis. The Starters menu was so enticing that both my wife and I eschewed the entre selections and just went for appetizers. I started with tomatoe soup, then my wife and I each had the beet salad. For my main course I had the Oysters Italienne and the Fried Oysters. My wife had the Tuna Shashimi. Both of us really enjoyed our meals. In my opinion they prepare the best oyster based dishes in town. This is not the first time we ordered just from the Starters menu.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best Seafood in Annapolis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We go for special occasions because it is expensive. We just went. My wife had Mahi-Mahi and loved it. I always get the Zarzuela and I love it. The only reason I did not give it a 5 is the price. If you want the best seafood in Annapolis go to O'Leary's.