“Fabulous place for an anniversary dinner”

O'Leary's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
O'Leary's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 368 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Severn Avenue
Transit: Water taxi
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our 22nd anniversary dinner at O'Leary's. The food was outstanding, the service was wonderful, and the wine list was very good. The restaurant doesn't have much of a view, but the location is wonderful for a walk before and/or after dinner during which the views are wonderful, and we were much more interested in a great dining experience than going somewhere that had view, but not so good food or service. My only complaint is that the desserts were too tempting so I couldn't resist. I got the Italian trifle and it was worth the extra hours of working out.

1  Thank FamOf4Loves2Travel

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

You really should try O'Leary's. Lobster Cappucino was amazing. Salad Equinix was quite delicious. My husband tried a special that included one. Soft shell crab and ond crab cake. Crab cake was all crab meat, no filler. Soft shell was extremely good even though at end of season. I also recommend the BBQ Mahi Mahi which I had. Sauce was just the right level to compliment the fish and not overwhelm. Service is competent, portions ate generous.

1  Thank FranC-NJ
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We eat in Annapolis often and always have a wonderful meal. We went here for Mother's Day and I can truly say I haven't had a better experience. Living in this area, we have many opportunities to eat seafood, not all of them good. I enjoyed every bite of the food we ate, from the Calamari appetizer to the Key Lime mousse dessert. But, besides the food, the dining area felt warm and inviting and full of tables of people enjoying themselves. I loved this experience and look forward to doing it again. PS: Our Server was also good; not too intrusive and there with the next course right on time.

1  Thank USconnoisseur
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This short stretch of Third Street in the Eastport part of Annapolis has several good restaurants and I've eaten in all of them more than once. Each has their charm, but if your goal is well-prepared seafood, O'Leary's is the right choice. With a small restaurant atmosphere, it's also more congenial than its louder neighbors. Neighboring Charthouse is generally good, with more stylish food, and Carrol's Creek on the other side is fine without being as good a value.

When I take friends to dinner for the first time in Annapolis, like I did twice in the past week, I usually bring them to O'Leary's. Three final notes: the wine list is good, not great, but wholly adequate; the other two restaurants mentioned above offer the possibility (but no certainty) of good views, which O'Leary's lacks; there are much better choices along this street if you're more interested in the bar.

2  Thank ChadH
Reviewed September 3, 2012

O'Leary's is never a bad choice. You can always rely on its food being prepared perfectly, with a fabulous innovative menu. The owner is is wonderful and the staff handpicked. It is a restaurant that must be experienced,

1  Thank Mavis H