“Great local place”

Yama Sushi Bar
Ranked #77 of 356 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Good sushi, great service and atmosphere. The staff is very nice and attentive.
Their Gyoza appetizer is just awesome!
We never leave unhappy with our Yama experience.
Tip: you might wanna ask for a low sodium soy sauce, their regular one is pretty salty.

2  Thank coldmore
There are newer reviews for Yama Sushi Bar

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place doesn't look like much on the outside and its in sort of an inconvenient location but the fresh sushi makes up for that. There was a lot to choose from on the menu. I was not disapointed. The fish was fresh and tender. The service was great too. There are nice choices on the menu for those who aren't so adventurous but also plenty for those who like to try something new.

1  Thank Michelle T
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Yama's rock! Great find I come her with clients and my family. Great menu and staff. Always friendly and do their best to make you smile. The tuna Martini is a must. Same with the yellowtail hand rolls. Food is consistently the best I have come across.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Hubby and I were looking for a local place but didn't want to brave downtown for our normal place so...adventure time! This can be risky with sushi but I'd heard from someone else that this place was good and it was. Food was great...atmosphere is ok. We like sitting at the sushi bar and there wasn't any interaction with the sushi chefs. We'll go back...even if the sailboat show isn't in town!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My fiance and I usually go to Tsunami for our sushi, but lately, they have been just so-so. We decided to try Yama on a whim, and wow! Their rolls are delicious. I usually use soy sauce and ginger with my rolls, but I found the sushi was extremely tasty without the condiments. The specialty rolls are also rather large for the price. At the end of the meal, we also were given a slice of cheesecake on the house.