“Great view”

Phillips Crab Deck
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Harkening back to Traditional Eastern Shore Crab Houses, we are proud to serve Chesapeake Bay & Atlantic area seafood, from the crabs to the oysters and more!Enjoy our traditional Shore favorites straight from the local waters, prepared by locals straight to your plate.
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Got the market special. So much food for just two of us. Great crab cakes. Beautiful view. Recommend sitting on the outside upper deck.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This restaurant has several tables by the front door of the restaurant that are petfriendly. The restaurant also has a large outside patio. I sat at one of the dog friendly tables by the front door facing the habor. There was a boat show the day i was there, and the view of the habor was blocked.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. I arrived 18 minutes before the Happy Hour special ended. I was able to take advantage of the Happy Hour Special. For $18, I got to choose 1 soup, 1 main course and 1 dessert. what a deal! I got the cream of crab soup, crab cake and cheesecake as my chooses, and they were all very delicious. The ceam of crab soup had real big chunks of crab meat added; the crab cake was filled with crab meat, and the cheesecake was great, too. I also ordered 3 raw oysters at the happy hour price of $1 each. I could probably ate a dozen. They were yummy, too.

I highly recommend this restaurants, and will most likely eat there again if I am in the area.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Best Bloody Mary's, made with Old Bay. Large fresh oysters, good place for drinks with a view. Great view of the harbor, walking distance of the Navel Academy. Casual deck, have not eaten a full meal, only apps and drinks

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We ate here after checking out Cantler's. I'm sure Cantler's earns their reviews, but the thought of sitting elbow to elbow while slinging crab pieces everywhere kind of turned us off to that scene, so we went looking for a regular restaurant that served crabs. It was mid week, so not very crowded.

The crabs were as good as they get (how hard is it to boil a fresh crab in Old Bay?). The accompaniments were very good too.

Our waiter was excellent; very attentive, and since I hadn't cracked open a crab since 1987, he gave us a refresher course in opening crabs. One of those people who truly seemed to enjoy watching people be happy. I'm only sorry I don't remember his name.

Can't speak to the rest of the food, but we would definitely go back.

(I may have given a lower "Value" rating because the last time I had crabs, we could get "all you can eat" portions. I had a small bit of sticker shock when I saw today's prices for crabs at all of the restaurants)

Reviewed September 12, 2013

While traveling through Annapolis on our way home we stopped by after some sight seeing. We were so impressed. The food was so great and fresh. Crab Cakes are to die for. We sat at the bar for lunch and Justin did a great job taking care of us. He gave us directions to a local market to pick up some fish to take home to PA. I commented how much I loved the fresh local watermelon and he packed me a special goodie bag with that, and some of your great seafood seasoning to use for our fish dinner once we got home. So sweet, best part was he did it without us asking or charging us for it, and when I offered to pay for the watermelon, and spice he said "It's our treat to you, enjoy it with your dinner tonight and it will remind you to come bak and see us next time!" We signed up for your Rewards Program, and even though we are far in PA we can't wait to come back! Justin and the nice male manager made us feel so welcome and right at home. I highly recommend coming to Phillips in Annapolis if anyone has a chance!!

1  Thank PatCarpenter