“Annapolis Smokehouse on the Mark”

Annapolis Smokehouse and Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Annapolis Smokehouse and Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 356 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

A diner can't go wrong at the Annapolis Smokehouse & Tavern but one should be ravenous. The entrees--be they appetizers or main dishes are huge!!

The starters are varied with selections ranging from the quintessential chicken wings that were a festival winner, to Armadillo Eggs. These are Jalapeño Peppers stuffed with beef Brisket and cheeses.

Leading the selection though is the Pulled Pork Sandwich piled mountainously high with very slow smoked pork and topped with a generous portion of in-house made cole slaw.

Not to be outdone is the Smokehouse's Duck Portobello, made of smoked duck breast topped by the famed mushroom and provolone cheese and served with poblano chutney.

The principals include the usual suspects in BBQ land. Pork, beef and chicken all grace the menu. However, one intriguing entree which will make me return is the Smoky Shrimp Scampi. The dish consists of jumbo shrimp sautéed in various elements and served atop angel hair pasta. On conjecture only, this is in five stars country.

While there is a full bar with drink specials, the beverage of the day has got to be beer. There's a nice draught selection to satisfy the craft devotees.

The Annapolis Smokehouse & Tavern is a visit worth enjoying.

There are newer reviews for Annapolis Smokehouse and Tavern

Reviewed October 19, 2013

There is plenty of room at this place, a wide selection of Craft Brews and Wines for those that imbibe, LOTS of free parking. We got great service, just drinks, I can't comment on the taste of the food, but the plates that passed me looked awesome. The prices are "family" style and the joint was super clean. I'll be back!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My second time, my friends first time. I loved the place the first time, but my friends really loved it this first time! We had the armadillo eggs - incredible, but very spicy! Chicken johnny cake tacos were a big hit, steak was cooked to perfection as was the salmon. We'll be back! Bar is a little noisy, but the service was fabulous.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Found this place, completely by accident. We live on the Shore, made special trip over to try it out. We love BBQ. We seek BBQ spots out everywhere we go. We wanted to try a bit of everything.. Started with the wings, Old Bay style (of course). EXCELLENT!!! Also the Armadillo Eggs were highly recommended. ONLY if you like HOT and I mean HOT. Give them a try.. GOOD for sure, but be prepared!!! We also shared the BBQ sampler. A good way to try a bit of everything for first times. The Brisket was by far the best. Pulled Pork, 2nd. Ribs came in 3rd. Side were OK at best.. Loved the Hush Puppies!! Talking about Pups.. You can bring them along the outdoor seating is pet-friendly. They bring water bowls and they have BARK BBQ for 4 legged loved one.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The brisket, greens, and potato salad were all very good. Other things we ordered were not as special. I tried the pulled chicken "tacos" which were served on cornbread "pancakes"; the chicken was ok, as was the cole slaw topping...just not a fan of the cornbread. Ribs got a mixed review: my boyfriend didn't care for them but my daughter thought they were pretty good. The service was great, especially for a pretty busy Saturday evening. It was also quite noisy in the restaurant, due to a lively bar crowd and only a chest-high partition separating them from the big, open dining area. With Adams, Famous Dave's and Red,Hot & Blue in Annapolis, not sure I'd rush back here.