“Great new addition to the Annapolis dining scene”
Review of West Kitchen & Tavern - CLOSED

West Kitchen & Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lafayette
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I decided to check this place out as soon as we noticed it was open. We really enjoyed ourselves. The service was great and we really loved the atmosphere both inside and out. We had the garlic fries and the beef pizza and both were very good though the fries could have been hotter - they were just warm when they were brought to us. I'm not crazy about the stemless wine glasses but the wine list was great. We will definitely be heading back here.

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

This was our first visit and I have to say we were pleasantly surprised. It is not your typical hotel restaurant - very open, tables are well spaced. It also has a great outside seating area. My wife had Flounder $26 in a sweet patato puree with pickled clams and vegtatles. I had the salmon $28 with a generous crab meat topping and asparagus. For desert we had Ricotta/orange zeppoles - rich but oh so good. Service was very good as well.

Overall I would have to say West Kitchen and Tavern exceeded our expectations. We will definately be going back!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The restaurant just opened about a month ago and this was our first visit. What a disappointment! The staff is cordial, the setting is fine, but the food is really lacking. We started out with the calamari to share- very greasy. I had the rockfish which was fair. My husband had the cioppino which was truly terrible - very bland and tasteless. I had a bite and it really was bad. My husband said it was the worst meal he's ever had in Annapolis. And it's not cheap either.

2  Thank 1PowerBoater
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Usually not a fan of hotel restaurants, but West. (the period in the name is intentional) was amazing. We had dinner there the night we arrived at Lowes - crab cakes, barley with grilled peaches, sauteed artichokes, and some gorgeous salads. We returned for breakfast the next day and were served real sausage and fresh fruit among our choices. The service was efficient and friendly. We liked the food and atmosphere here much better than at Carroll's Creek, which everyone seemed to recommend. The menu is inventive and vegetarian-friendly, and the food is made from scratch. The bar was lively and the staff seemed happy. All in all, the two most pleasurable dining experiences we had in Annapolis.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Three weeks or so in to their new restaurant, the decor is new, modern, fresh; and yet, at the same time, uninspiring....really upscale cafeteria-ish. Might remind you of one of the new service areas at the Smithsonian; but with better seating. You can see where they are going; but unless they listen to feed back, aren't going to get there. Too expensive for portion sizes: $18 for a hamburger, not done to perfection, $17 for a very small salad containing a tiny portion of crab meat. We even tried the "new" mix-ology drink; but at $6 a glass, not my cup of tea.

Great concept. Minimally executed.