“Great lunch spot!”
Review of Crab Cake Cafe - CLOSED

Crab Cake Cafe
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: You've never had crab like this… and that's something we're proud to say. So please, join us for lunch and try one of our delicious, one-of-a-kind, all lump crab meat, no fillers (ever!) crab cakes, fresh seafood salads, or piping hot Chesapeake inspired soups. We're new here and look forward to meeting all of our neighbors. We are a fast casual concept delivering a culinary experience!
NEWNAN
“Great lunch spot!”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Had the slider and soup special. Crab slider had lots of lump crab and was delicious! A great price combined with the maryland chowder.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank bleg1130

“Great crab cakes”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Traveling through Annapolis, we wanted local crab cakes to bring back to the hotel. They were excellent, with a friendly, welcoming staff that prepared everything in a very timely manner. Cream based crab soup was loaded with big pieces of crab. The crab cakes had a minimal amount of filler and there was a wide assortment of optional toppings that made an interesting take on the traditional sandwich.

• Visited December 2013
North Carolina
“Not really a sit down place...”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very good crabcakes but not much in the way of atmosphere. We wanted a sit down resturant but this is a strip-mall type place. clean, modern, counter service but NO atmosphere. We took food back to room and had good meal.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank NCPilot253
Severna Park, Maryland
“Great crab cake, not much atmosphere.”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Crab Cake Cafe has one of the more limited menus around, but what they do they do very well. I ordered the $8 Maryland crab soup (vegetable-based, but they do have cream of crab as well), and the $14 traditional crab cake sandwich. Now, I'm a Maryland-bred purist, so I don't even adulterate my crab cakes with a bun let alone the more exotic ingredients offered in their Hawaiian crab cake, for instance. I like my cakes full of jumbo lump crab, only enough filler to keep it from completely falling apart, and a healthy dose of Old Bay. This delivered! It's a great Maryland crab cake. For those of you that want it 'bigger' - the only way you get a bigger crab cake without paying $30 is by adding filler. Also, frying a crab cake is a terrible waste of awesome seafood - this place lightly broils theirs. The Maryland crab soup was flavorful & tasty, but I wish there was more crab & veggies in my bowl (probably just the person who poured it). The soup came with a corn muffin, which was yummy with the exception of what was once melted cheese on the top and ended up just being a hard inedible disc. The crab cake came with some of the best fries I'd ever eaten. They put them right in the fryer for my order so the fries came our hot & perfectly cooked. Loved the kosher salt as well. Note: if you like cocktail or tartar sauce with your crab cake, ask for extra. The portions they sent were tiny.

If you're coming to town as a tourist, please know that this is not in Downtown Annapolis, nor will you have a scenic view. It's in a strip-mall-esque building on a busy retail/commercial highway. Don't let this deter you from coming to enjoy their awesome food, but know what you're getting. IF you want a 'downtown' feel with views of the Bay, go elsewhere. But if you want a real Maryland crab cake, don't miss this one! :)

Value: I think $14 for a crab cake sandwich is an average price, and I certainly don't think it's overpriced, especially when it comes with your choice of a side. The soup was a little much for what I got - $6 would probably have been a better value.

• Visited July 2013
Stafford
“Good crab sandwiches without a big wait.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Great crab cakes in several styles without any breading--perfect for my wife who is gluten intolerant. Food was prepared to our specifications and we all walked away happy. Loved the Tex-Mex!

• Visited July 2013