“Home Away From HOme in Annapolis”
Review of Inn at Horn Point

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Annapolis
Inn at Horn Point
Ranked #4 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is our third trip to The Inn; this visit for the Sailboat Show. A busy time and a full house, but Cory still provided a wonderful experience. Breakfast was healthy and filling each morning, the other guests provided interesting conversation, and our room was comfortable. Cory provides helpful background information; for example, he e-mailed us in advance about transportation available for the Boat Show. We felt well cared for during our visit and look forward to returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Zha-MD, Owner at Inn at Horn Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

CZ: Thank you for taking time to record your kind thoughts about your stay at our B&B. There is so much coming at us when we are not actively working that Carol and i really appreciate it when someone, like yourself, spends precious free time "filling in the blanks". Your thoughtfulness does not go unnoticed.

It would be great if you found Eastport "your home, rather than your home away from home" Imagine how happy you and your bride would be. In the mean time, feel free to use our home, until which time you are comfortable enough to call Eastport your own.

Cory

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Corey excels in attention to detail. The room was comfortable and spacious. An enjoyable close walk to the water front and shopping. A must stay!! We look forward to returning. If you're looking for a special place, you've found it.

Room Tip: Sequoia - Spacious with gas fireplace.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Zha-MD, Owner at Inn at Horn Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Barry....wow, you knocked me out. Thank you so much for your kind words. When I was younger, my specialty was "attention to detail". It is nice to hear that, although a few things slip by now and then, I still have a bit of a knack. Remember that Miro said at breakfast one morning that "our brains turn to mush."

Thank you for taking the time to become a member of this wonderful travel community, Trip Advisor. You will be amazed at the great "out of the way" places you will find while you are doing all of that leisure travel that is ahead of you and L.W.

Do come see us again. it would be an absolute pleasure.

Cory

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at this quaint and quiet B and B. The Inn at Horn Piont was everything and more that we expected it to be! We found our room to be cozy and warm with just the right personal touches to make it feel like home! Cory was a gracious and kind host and was always a pleasure to talk to. The breakfast was delightful every morning during our three day stay. We walked everywhere we needed to go and found the area to be a wonderful and beautiful little town. We paln to go back again when we can stay longer and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else than the Inn at Horn Point!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Zha-MD, Owner at Inn at Horn Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Leigh and B W. Thank you both for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to become members of this great Trip Advisor travel community. I see that this is your first review. That speaks volumes to us.

We look forward to having you both back with us as you sail around practicing on your sail boat. It was a pleasure meeting you both and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in 2009 as well as Oct of 2013 for 3 nights. We love the quaintness of the Eastport side of downtown Annapolis. The Inn at Horn Point is within walking distance to all of downtown. There are plenty of places and restaurants to explore on the Eastport side. We have tried a lot of places in downtown but our faves are on Eastport side (O'learys, Lewnes', Boatyard, Vin 909 & Davis Pub). The owners of the B&B are very attentive and on. Amazing breakfast and endless coffee in the mornings. We stayed in the Sequoia room on both of our visits. The room is very clean, nice, spacious as well as cozy. We slept very well here. Cory is a great host/chef. We will be back again to visit. Thanks for awesomeness again Cory.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

T&P "Zoener", thank you so much for taking the time to express your views about your visit to Eastport and to our Inn. We appreciate it so much. You two work so hard, and it is just amazing that you could find the time to record your experience.

Twelve years ago, we were one of the first B&B's in Eastport, there were two restaurants of substance and folks who came to Annapolis wanted the other side of the bridge. Carol and I have seen all of that change; and your reflection illustrates that change beautifully.

It is quaint here. The better restaurants are here and they are all within easy walking distance. If you want 20 more restaurants and more night life, it's a cozy 15 to 18 minute stroll over the Spa Creek. Thanks for pointing out the many benefits to Eastport. We look forward to seeing you both again very soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I return to Annapolis a couple of times a year for business. I've been staying at the Inn on these trips for the past 2 years. I enjoy my stays - so much more comfortable than a hotel. There's no TV so I often walk to a restaurant in Eastport for dinner, then return to get a little work done in the evening. The neighborhood is very pleasant for walks, and things are quiet so I can get a good night's rest. Breakfast is always a treat - fresh and flavorful, and often seasoned with local herbs and produce. Stop at Carroll's Creek restaurant for the happy hour special of 1/2 price small plates.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kleenwolf
Zha-MD, Owner at Inn at Horn Point, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

KW. As impossibly busy as you are, you took the time to record your impressions of your stay with us, and for that Carol and i thank you very much. You know that we enjoy having you here, and we are grateful that your position in Annapolis keeps getting extended. We look forward to seeing you again soon. All the best,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I travel to Annapolis once a year for a benefit at the Maritime Museum down the street from the Inn at Horn Point. We've been going for years, but this is the 5th straight year we've stayed with Cory, Carol and Josalyn at the Inn at Horn Point. We wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else while in Annapolis.

Cory is a wonderful host and creates a delicious and beautiful breakfast. I look forward to breakfast time even after staying out late hitting the hotspots in Eastport. Many of the ingredients in his edible creations come from his own garden outside.

Our room is always clean, warm and inviting and Cory will do everything in his power to make your stay more enjoyable. This inn is also within a short walk to downtown Eastport where you can watch the yachts roll in, grab dinner, drinks or shop.

I would defintely, 100% recommend the Inn at Horn Point for anyone staying in Annapolis. You will not find better service anywhere else! Can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Zha-MD, Owner at Inn at Horn Point, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

M&C. Thank you guys, so much. Thanks for coming back every year. I don't know, but I think that I look more forward to seeing you two than you do about coming back. You guys are fun to have with us. We love the stories of your experiences with "the band" and meeting up with friends at the local pubs.

We also really appreciate the fact that you took time our of your busy schedules to write about your time spent at the Inn and in Eastport. As you pointed out, Eastport is the perfect venue for Jimmy Buffets band members. I hope that Carol and I can see them next year.

If you both have time next year, maybe we can enjoy some of M's beef brisket (you had my mouth watering) or something special on the BBQ. Take care and don't work too hard.

All the best, Cory , Carol and Josalyn

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband made a reservation at this inn for Sept 27th and 28th in early September. He called today September 18th to cancel. He wants to be with his other classmates at a larger hotel. It is his 20th college reunion. He was told by Cory the innkeeper that you have to cancel one month in advance and that he was going to give him a break and only charge him $95. He never told my husband that his reservation was non cancel-able when he made it. My husband and I feel as if this should have been disclosed. On the Website it says "Cancellation charges and early check-out charges may apply." Not when or how much. He claims to have sent my husband an email stating that he needed to cancel one month prior to arrival (please note the reservation was made less than one month prior to arrival.), but he does not have a copy of that email and my husband never received it. I tried to call him and the second I introduced myself and he yelled at me and hung up. He said I was wasting his time and did not let me say another word. He told me he had others inquire about the room. If he had let me speak I was going to ask if he had a waiting list. I know when I have wanted to stay at B&B's and they were booked, I put my name on a wait list. 3 days before my brothers wedding I canceled a chain hotel to stay at a beautiful B&B. The proprietor is completely rude. I highly recomend thinking twice before booking at his Inn.
PS I attempted to call him back and left a message. He just returned my call to yell at me again and not listen to a word I was saying. He told me he does not take suggestions it his his inn and he can do what he wants when he wants. I just pointed out in my phone message that his website says nothing about one month and he should have told my husband about that policy when booking the room. I feel as if he is totally unprofessional and will not even discuss his charges or how he gets to them or if he has a waiting list which I doubt.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Sofia X
Zha-MD, Owner at Inn at Horn Point, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

It is my opinion that the guest who wrote this review should have taken some time to cool off. I understand her concern. No one likes to be held accountable for their actions, especially when it involves money. I know that; and it disappoints me when it happens.

In the case of this cancellation, it is fortunate for the small business owner that there are policies and procedures in place to help to prevent last minute changes and cancellations that cause financial loss. In this case, the cancellation was taken 9 days prior to a sold out, event weekend for Annapolis. Phone calls for that particular weekend have stopped because guests know to make their reservations early. I hope that we can re-fill this guest room held in good faith, while several potential guests were turned away.

We have a clearly communicated "cut-off" date after which time the room belongs to the person who has reserved it. If the guest cancels after that specific date, and if the cancellation is not the result of a medical emergency, then we can charge the guest for their stay, unless (of course) we are able to re-fill the room again. In the case of this guest, I asked why her husband had to cancel and was told "to be closer to the venue, because he was traveling with his daughter and did not want to leave her alone so far from the activities". In the wife's review it is stated "to be with other classmates at a bigger hotel". Either way, it was not a medical emergency and as a small business, we are left, at the moment with a loss.

From the time of the cancellation, which again, occurred after the cut-off date, we could have charged the credit card for the full stay; but I made the decision only to charge the cancellation fee. Reservation requests for that busy weekend have come to a stand still and we have no prospects to fill the guest room, because, along with this guest room, we were sold out; and the cut off date had passed. We took the responsibility for the lost revenue. And the room may or may not be occupied.

We attempt to treat every individual with respect; and in this case, we charged the right amount for the right reason. Venting one's frustration on the Internet because they were disappointed to be charged a well targeted cancellation, well documented and well understood fee does not serve any real common purpose.