“Some history and decent scenery”
Review of U.S. Naval Academy

U.S. Naval Academy
Ranked #1 of 90 things to do in Annapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1845, this undergraduate college for the Navy prepares men and women to become professional officers in the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visit John Paul Jones' crypt - it was the highlight of our un-guided walk through the campus.

The Navy Goat is also a cool statue, and there is some huge naval artillery on the grounds.

There are newer reviews for U.S. Naval Academy

Reviewed June 22, 2013

While you can walk around the grounds of this shrine to higher education and our navy for free, the walking tour is well worth the $10 fee. The buildings are beautiful and the history surrounds you as you walk the brick paths to all the monuments and museum. The chapel is wonderful and the crypt of John Paul Jones is simply amazing. This is a must do if you are in the area.

1  Thank gscar35
Reviewed June 22, 2013

It's a beautiful campus and the facilities look top notch. Visitors were limited to where you could go, so we didn't get to see it all.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We took guided walking tour of the U.S. Naval Academy. Unknowingly we got the last tour of the day (3:00 PM) which still allowed us to tour the Naval Academy Interdenominational Chapel which closed at 4:00 PM even though the campus was open later for visiting. Don’t miss this! The Chapel was spectacular and the highlight of the tour for my wife and I. Don’t miss the Tiffany windows! Our guide was great. He graduated in the USNA class of 1965, and previously had served as head of the academy's admissions department. He was truly excellent. He also stopped on the tour to personally visit with members of the academy we came across during out tour. He had lots of great insights. The sarcophagus of John Paul Jones in the crypt of the chapel was impressive. The remainder of the tour was also very interesting. It lasted about 1-hour and 20-mnutes. You could then spend free time visiting other items, museums, and places. Visiting during the summer when midshipmen were not in class made it very un-crowded. Cost was $9 for seniors and $10 for regular adults but in my opinion was well worth it.

1  Thank MaroonDawg67
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We had to find a place to park on the street. We went to the visitor's center that has some small exhibits. My kids were bored I think due to the fact I was in the Army. We only had two hours at our parking spot so we didn't take a tour or view the chapel. My wife and I decided we would come back and spend more time there. Plan to visit West Point too. I am sure if I would of planned I could of parked in a spot where we would be ok to explore further. The gift shop is cool. Lots of history to explore. Careful with GPS, mine tried to take me in a gate I wasn't allowed. You want Gate 1. Free to get in tour cost money.

1  Thank Kevin P