As a matter of fact it was our 3rd time staying here that we decided we will not stay here again. I booked here because we had stayed before and during those previous stays everything was great.
I have to say the staff is very nice and when we called to report an issue they sent someone to our room immediately to try to resolve the problem. Considering that it was Thanksgiving evening the immediate response was a pleasant surprise. Also the room and the bathroom were clean. However there were many issues.
The first time we stayed here was approximately 5 years ago. As I recall at that time this facility had only been operating as O'Callaghan's for a short period of time and everything was fine. The rooms and baths were in good repair. Based on our experience this stay it would seem that no real updates have been made since then. In addition, it appears that repairs that have been made were done by an amateur.
The issues with our room were:
* soap dish had been ripped off the wall in the bath and not replaced
* the toilet was sluggish (this is the issue they sent someone to fix Thanksgiving night)
* the caulk around the bottom of the toilet looked to have been put on by an 8 year old
* it was apparent that the bath counter started coming off the wall at some point and it has not been properly repaired....there is approximately a 3/4 inch gap between the counter and the under-mount sink
* one of the 2 light bulbs over the bath mirror was burned out
* the lighted mirror no longer lights up and in fact it’s starting to come off the wall
* there was an attempt to repair a wallpaper tear that also looks to have been done by an 8 year old
* the heat/ac unit was extremely noisy
* the refrigerator also was extremely noisy
* street noise could be heard through the bathroom vent
* our room was on West Street across the street from a salon with apartments on the second floor....the folks in one of the apartments like to play loud music and sit out on their balcony and talk very loudly until 2 am and beyond….I understand this is beyond the control of the hotel but it was just an additional annoyance
* being on the West St side of the building it would have been nice if there were sheer curtains behind the room darkening drapes...when we stayed here in the past I believe there were and I checked to see if there was a rod to hold sheers and there was but all along the front of the building the rooms have no sheer curtains….so it’s either keep the drapes closed and all the lights on or let everyone on West St look directly into your room
* the bed was hard with no featherbed or foam topper so it was rather uncomfortable
* shortly after we arrived we went to the bar myself for a soda and my husband for a beer and after he drank half of the beer her found that there was a lump of food residue on the outside of his beer glass…..we did not revisit the bar after that
I must say that the room are reasonably priced but I would prefer to pay more and stay at a place that is well maintained and comfortable. So on our next visit we'll choose Loews or Westin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Warm Irish Welcome awaits you in Historic Annapolis! Make us your home while you explore all the great attractions of this great city. Walk to everything or use city transportation around the downtown area. All rooms offer free high speed internet. Enjoy a great happy hour in the John Barry Bar! Meetings, weddings and private events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelClick, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your O'Callaghan Hotel Annapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o Callaghan Hotel Annapolis
- o Callaghan Annapolis