“Great food and service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a good breakfast at Miss Shirley's yesterday. Some of the recent reviews had me a little worried but the restaurant lived up to its deserved reputation. My wife's Eggs Benedict arrived piping hot and beautifully plated. My dish, Big Chick Lil' Chick Biscuits & Gravy came out cool. The manager and waitress were on it in a flash, with the manager offering me a complimentary bowl of crab soup while I waited (not very long) for the entire dish to be re-prepared. The food was very good and, as noted in other reviews, somewhat expensive. I would certainly eat here again and recommend to others.

1  Thank Dieter S

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Visited on July 20th...I got my family up early, drove an hour to get a seat as soon as the doors opened to this highly recommended restaurant...Can I say how upset I was to have everyone in our party complain that their food was tasteless and cold....How does one serve eggs Benedict that looks like a beautiful plastic display and tasteless like one...the biscuit collapsed to powder and raw uncooked onions filled the omelets...lastly, even the coffee was cold at 7:45 am..This was truly disappointing and expensive. Including the tip was an $80 mistake!

BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent experience at Miss Shirley’s, especially since you went to such lengths to visit us. We regret that you were not satisfied with your meals. We ask guests who have an unpleasant experience to complete a guest survey on the spot and ask for a manager immediately so we can correct the issue. If you choose to dine with us again, we ask that you please seek out a manager so that we can ensure that your meal is everything you expected. Miss Shirley’s Café is always looking to grow and improve, so thank you for your beneficial review.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

had breakfast there on a recommendation from nearby westin hotel...waited 45 minutes for a very poor breakfast with $3.50 a cup coffee,,,dennys is better!

BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed that you were unhappy with your dining experience. It is our goal to provide delicious dishes and exceptional service, and we regret that you were unsatisfied with you visit. If you choose to dine with us again, please seek out a manager so that we can ensure that your meal is everything you expected.

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We went for breakfast and it was absolutely amazing!! I could never have picked a better place to dine. We had such a wonderful experience...and the food??? To Die For! Thanks to their wonderful staff for a unforgettable 10 yr anniversary breakfast! We will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

We went for breakfast and loved every bite! I had the fried green tomatoes and my husband had a sandwich with tomatoes, crab meat, sausage and a few other delicious things. All very, very good, but the BEST part was the Bloody Mary. I wish I could have one every day!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your meal and our signature Spicy Shirley - You can have one everyday, we are open 7 days a week! ;) Hope to see you again soon!