“a new favorite”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“a new favorite”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I never knew about this place when I lived locally but am glad I found it now that I'm in town on business. The entire menu looks awesome and lunch didn't disappoint. I had the club sandwich with bacon, soft shelled crab, and shrimp salad and it ranks in the top 5 best sandwiches I've ever eaten. Unique flavor combos across the board, and our party of ten had no scraps left on their plates. Hoping to hit it up for breakfast tomorrow before I leave.
If you want some truely one of a kind food this is the place to go.

Visited July 2014
BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for the 5 star review! We are thrilled to be a new favorite of yours, and so pleased you loved your Surfin' the Bay Club! Hope you can visit us again soon!

Akron, Ohio
“Excellent service; not sure why the rave over the expensive ok food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Went for Breakfast with a friend and spent $50 including tip with no alcohol. Only time spent that much for two people for breakfast was at Ritz Carlton. Yes, the food receives high marks for attempted creativity, i.e., stone ground grits with bacon or an omelet of Blackened shrimp, andouille sausage, tomatoes & cheddar cheese, dusted with cajun spice. The creativity, however, sometimes left food that is merely OK and either had too much sauce or seasoning or both. The staff, however, is friendly, attentive, and tries to please.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you received excellent service, but disappointed that you were unhappy with your meal. If you choose to dine with us again, please seek out a manager so that we can ensure that your dish is everything you expected. Miss Shirley’s Café is always looking to grow and improve, so thank you for your review.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“You would be a sucker to not go here”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I visited Miss Shirley's recently. We wait roughly 40 mintues for table. Not complaining! We wanted breakfast although the lunch options made it really difficult. The only thing that I will say about Miss Shirley's is that it was on my top ten list of all time best places to eat. I was thoroughly impressed with the quality and the service. I had coconut creamcheese stuff french toast. It was stupid it was so good. My husband and I were so please. Our waiter Frank was the best as well.

Annapolis, Maryland
“It Lived up to the Hype-FANTASTIC!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I have wanted to try this place for awhile now. I was very excited when I heard they were opening a location in Annapolis, but I had not had the opportunity until today. I wanted a special place to meet my newly engaged best friend, we met at Miss Shirley's. there was only about a ten minute wait at 10 am on a Saturday morning. They have a few outdoor tables and a very nice indoor dining room with comfortable tables and booths. I had the coconut cream French Toast and she had a traditional breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon and hash browns. The French Toast was AMAZNG, but I must warn you it is a shareable huge portion. I can't wait to go back and try the crab and fried green tomato Benedict along with other menu items! All of the food brought out looked incredible and you will definitely need a doggie bag :-)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Breakfast Imaginable”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Breakfast the morning after a 10th Anniversary get-away...could not have chosen a better venue! Food that was "to die for", a staff as friendly and attentive as could be wanted. Portions made to be shared (regardless of which of the several dishes we ordered), I will visit any chance I have.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy you could share your special anniversary weekend with us, by indulging in some delicious breakfast specialities at our cafe. We hope that you can come back and see us soon!