“OMG!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is my third time at this restaurant and after evey visit I leave thinking, "OMG!! Such good food!!" I have tried to make myself get something besides the Chicken and Waffles, to no avail. It is just so good that I haven't yet been able to deviate. The chicken has always been perfectly crisp and moist, and the waffles...just no words. The combination of the green onions in the waffle and the yummy shredded cheddar, combined with the jalapeno butter...yum, yum, yum! I also drizzle a little maple syrup on the waffles. The food is always hot and fresh and just...OMG!! I also got the sweet tea. It was delicious! Perfectly brewed, sweetened and chilled with a generous sprig of fresh mint. I am VERY picky and a real foodie, so it's a treat to find a restaurant with such consistently good food. Perhaps I will be able to convince myself to try something new the next time...or maybe not. :) HIGHLY recommend!!

BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you for your kind words! We are so pleased that you love our Chicken 'N Waffles! We look forward to serving you again soon, and please try something new! You might find a new favorite :)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Third time eating at Miss Shirley's (once in Baltimore and twice in Annapolis)... it's consistently great! The spicy shirley is like a salad in a bowl. I've ordered several main dishes, and I've never been disappointed.

Thank you for your valuable feedback! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stopped by on our way to the Naval Academy. We had heard from friends about the outstanding food, but the service was even better. And they have a good selection of gluten free items!

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

As a favorite Brunch Spot in Annapolis, Miss Shirley's used to be about outstanding food. Prices are high and a complete lack of flexibility with substitutions on the menu (plus an additional charge for anything) were overlooked because the overall value ended up very good. Lately, they have been in a tailspin, serving our food luke-warm and portions shrinking to a shockingly small size (for an 18-dollar omelet, I expect A LOT more).
It's officially off our brunch list.

2  Thank steve h
BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent experience at Miss Shirley’s. We always strive to provide our guests with inventive food that is consistently delicious at all of our locations and we apologize that this was not the case. If you ever have an issue with your meal, please seek out a manager so that we can fix the problem immediately. We are always looking to grow and improve and so we thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

An interesting and fun southern menu for breakfast and lunch. Outdoor seating is available if you are bringing Fido along. Easy walk from any of the hotels on Main Street or West Street. Biscuits are to die for. 2 egg white breakfast entrees are available if you're trying to be good.