“Wedding Group breakfast”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Colorado
“Wedding Group breakfast”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had 20 members of our wedding party meet at Miss Shirley's Cafe for breakfast. We had to split up our group but other than that we were very pleased with the food and the service. We had several members with food allergies and they were very accommodating. My niece is gluten free and was THRILLED at all the gluten free choices they had for her. We ate there three times while in town and plan on eating there again on our next visit to Annapolis.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank wnocranberry
BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your response! We were happy to accommodate your wedding party and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Central Virginia
“Mmmm...good!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very good food, great service! The entire staff were efficient and very attentive and there was not wait time to be seated. The portions are large so you will not leave hungry! I had a crab cake sandwich and it was wonderful, filled with big chunks of crab meat and very little filler.

• Visited April 2013
Hawaii
“Brunch hot spot!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Although the restaurant looked bustling and crowded, my friend and I were seated rather quickly. The hostess didn't communicate we'll that she was making arrangements to seat us so we stood in front of her awkwardly until we asked if we should sit until called.

I didn't enjoy the seating location as it was very close to the entrance and anyone that was getting seated would have to walk behind me and inevitably bump into my chair or purse hanging from the chair. In the future I will ask to sit in an alternate location!

Aside from this, we were impressed by the friendly waitress, Rachel. She checked on us frequently enough that we were taken care of and our drinks refilled without asking. The menu had a fabulous yet not overwhelming selection of breakfast/brunch options. I went with the 'Veggie Tower' minus onions and my friend ordered the 'Waffle Sampler'. Together we shared a side of grits. One word for my selection: phenomenal! The vegetables were in season, ripe and paired together wonderfully to make a veggie tower Benedict. One of my favorite selections for brunch is a Benedict, however sometimes a mushy English Muffin leaves me feeling the blues - not in this case since its all veggies!

I was afforded the opportunity to taste my friends brunch selection and it was light and delicate! I'm not a big waffle fan, but each mini waffle held a compote of varying fruits (blueberry, strawberry, raspberry and one other). It was topped with a fluffy whipped cream and syrup was an option to add, but unnecessary because the dish spoke for itself without any extras needed.

The shared grits were creamy but...gritty. I'm not an expert on grits and am rather new to the experience of enjoying grits therefore I won't elaborate on my personal opinion.

For a brunch meal, it was a bit pricey (especially if you factor in parking fees!), however it was worth what I would normally spend. My intent to try this place for myself was accomplished after hearing rave reviews from several friends. I will dine here in the future, but not regularly based on the higher prices.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Kekepania_A
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wow, great breakfast”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Food was fresh and portions were large, watch how much you order. Lox and bagels were delicious, monkey bread looks sinful.

Visited April 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Too large of a plate and too pricey!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I am sorry for letting you down... we live very close to this place and have only eaten there once. Two of us paid over $50 for a breakfast. It was shockingly a very expensive deal for two breakfasts and two glasses of orange juice. Frankly, we are foodie and spent good amount of money on good food. This place is OVERLY expensive for something that you can put together at home.

Visited March 2013
BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We aim to exceed our guests’ expectations and we regret that this was not the case with your visit. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to offer you a more positive experience by dining with us again the future. If you should choose to return, our managers & team members will be happy to find you menu items that suit you best! Again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback.