“Wow never had Breakfast Options like this”

Miss Shirley's Cafe
Ranked #9 of 359 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2013

What an Amazing menu. To keep with tradition of the area Crab cakes, and softshell crab are on the menu ( Yes for Breakfast) . Also a lot of other options.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Miss Shirley's is only open for breakfast and lunch. On a Sat. morning we arrived about 10:15 and were seated immediately. When we left, however, there were many people waiting. But as others have said... it IS worth the wait. I had the "Big Easy Benedict", a wonderful marriage of flavors. My husband had the Pancakes of the Month called Banana Pudding and a side of scrapple. His were such generous portions, some went home. Yes, the restaurant is a little pricey, but this is not your average everyday breakfast. There are so many wonderful sounding dishes we can't wait to try more. It was too early in the day for us to have cocktails, but they look marvelous. We will when we return for an early afternoon meal. If you can, peruse the menu online before you go. HINT: the entry is on West Street @ Park Place (the Westin Hotel). See you there!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My breakfast today was a decent experience overall. I have an allergy to gluten and Miss Shirley's provides gluten-free pancakes and bread. I was excited about the gluten-free options. Mon-Fri, from 7-10 am, there is a pretty great breakfast special that we were able to enjoy. If it weren't for this special, it would not have been a decent experience. Overall, my gluten-free pancakes were good, but my mom's regular pancakes were doughy and too thick. Our eggs were cooked way too long and without any seasoning, but the grits were tasty. Unfortunately, the hash browns tasted like something out of the frozen food section, which I would not expect at a restaurant like this.

The best part of the experience was when Stephanie came to our table to check on my food allergies. She informed us about the kitchen's practices to try to ensure a safe dining experience. I really appreciated this level of concern and the kitchen's efforts to accommodate us. Our server was great until she brought us the check which included an up charge for the pancakes, which she failed to inform us about when we ordered our food. She told us that we could choose any pancake preparation as part of the breakfast special. I don't know if I'll be going back anyway soon, but I did appreciate the focus on providing a safe dining experience for those customers that suffer from food allergies.

1  Thank tichelle77
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Miss Shirley's menu sounded intriguing so this has been on my want-to-try list for a long while but I was a bit put off by the prices for breakfast. I happened to be in Annapolis for another reason and, having arrived early and given that this was during Restaurant Week, I made the easy decision to try Miss Shirley's. A 2-course breakfast for $12 - even if it wasn't great the price was incentive to try it. It turned out to be the best bargain in a long time.

Wish I had been here sooner -- The best breakfast food I have in years!

Huge french toast stuffed with coconut cream and lovingly surrounded by mixed fresh berries and shaved coconut = food to die for!

Once I settled on the french toast for my entree, I chose the "mini" yogurt parfait as a starter - the others would have upped the total carb load too much . The yogurt was cool and delcious, served with mixed fresh fruits and topped with a granola crumble.

The $12 breakfast came with a choice of four different starters as well as the aforementioned french toast (although that was a toss up with the chicken and waffles). The regular breakfast menu would have been too hard to select from - too many delicious sounding options.

I must say I was sorry I had not eaten here sooner!! Definately adding this place to my regular restaurants.

Oh yeah, about the originally off-putting prices? No worries - this place is definately great food value for your money.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Saw the reviews and decided to check it out. Let me begin by saying that I have never spent over $20 pp for breakfast until this visit. The food is definitely top quality. We tried 3 of the appetizers. The sweet potato fries, the fried green tomatoes, and the cornbread. This was my favorite part of the meal. Next time we will stick to the appetizers. Tried the banana pudding pancakes and my hubby got the coconut French toast. Mine was really yummy. My daughter got the MD crab omelette and didn't care for it. My 8 year old only got bacon and sausage. Server was great until near the end of our meal. I felt we had to wait too long to get the check once we were ready to go. The atmosphere was okay. There was a large party near us that were loud at times but I realize that was out of the restaurants control. Definitely worth splurging on at least once.