“Great, but yes it's pricey!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miss Shirley's

Miss Shirley's
Ranked #8 of 347 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lewes, Delaware
“Great, but yes it's pricey!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Breakfast is by far my favorite meal so I had been really anxious to give Miss Shirley's a try. I can tell you, I was NOT disappointed! I had the Crab Cake and Fried Green Tomato Benedict with a side of scrapple that I shared with my Dad. (I didn't want to share it, but he was paying! :) ) The food was so incredibly delicous that regardless of the price, I will definitely be back! We had breakast for lunch so all things considered it wasn't too terrible. But again...I cannot stress enough how fantastic the food was...I mean really delicious! AND, there are not tons of places in Annapolis that serve scrapple...for whatever reason! It is a breakfast staple after all! So, get over to Miss Shirley's as soon as you can!

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Pitman, NJ
“Expensive, but Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stopped in for Easter Sunday breakfast (looking for an alternative to our usual stop at Fado, next door), expecting a diner-like experience, and were taken by the excellent, but pricey fare. I had a $17 Bayou Omelet (andouille sausage, blackened shrimp, tomato, cheddar) that was delicious and the most expensive omelet that I can ever recall having. Miss Shirley's is most certainly NOT a rip-off -- the food is adventurous, creative, and very well prepared. As you should be when you sit down.

Visited April 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
“Slow service, Very over priced for breakfast.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Yes the scrapple is very good. The eggs were ok. Very over priced een for Annapolis.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Martinsburg, PA
“Breakfast for two...$50...seriously?....its breakfast!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

The concierge at our hotel recommended Miss Shirley's. While my wife's omelet was phenomenal, I think it was $14. My pancakes were upwards of $10 and dry. Apparently the syrup (which I believe it to be actual maple syrup) must be kept under lock and key guarded by some bean-counting manager who I assume reports directly to the owner regarding the daily syrup consumption at the establishment. After requesting two additional servings of syrup (which come in tiny little syrup tins) I was finally able to make the pancakes palatable. The bright spot of my experience was the scrapple. If I go back, I am ordering two orders of scrapple and nothing else.

Visited March 2012
Stevensville, Maryland
“A Breakfast You Will NEVER Forget!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Miss Shirley's in Annapolis, MD is a MUST DO. Never thought I would be eating chicken and waffles for breakfast but I can't wait to do it again!! The peppadew-jalapeno butter melted into the nooks and crannies of the white cheddar-green onion waffles while the honey mustard aioli drizzle complimented the boneless breast of chicken pieces. Combine all on a fork, take a bite, close your eyes and enjoy. WOW!! Can't wait to do it again! Also, if you're a Bloody Mary fan, you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their bloodies. Shirley's version of a Bloody Mary consists of Stoli Citrus, Green Tomato Slice, Pickled Okra, Peppers, Jalapenos, Celery, Peppadew, Lemon, Lime, with an Old Bay Rim With 2-oz. of MD Lump Crab. YUMMO!! A meal in itself. Also recommend the Big Easy Benedict which is Poached Eggs & Cornmeal-Encrusted Jumbo Shrimp, Sliced Tasso Ham on Grit Cakes & Cajun Hollandaise Sauce. Served with Collard Greens made with Tasso Ham & a drizzle of Old Bay Remoulade. We went on a Sunday morning (11ish) and it was very crowded but service was fantastic. Restaurant was very clean and inviting. Open 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Can't wait to go back.