“Expensive, but Good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stopped in for Easter Sunday breakfast (looking for an alternative to our usual stop at Fado, next door), expecting a diner-like experience, and were taken by the excellent, but pricey fare. I had a $17 Bayou Omelet (andouille sausage, blackened shrimp, tomato, cheddar) that was delicious and the most expensive omelet that I can ever recall having. Miss Shirley's is most certainly NOT a rip-off -- the food is adventurous, creative, and very well prepared. As you should be when you sit down.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Yes the scrapple is very good. The eggs were ok. Very over priced een for Annapolis.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

The concierge at our hotel recommended Miss Shirley's. While my wife's omelet was phenomenal, I think it was $14. My pancakes were upwards of $10 and dry. Apparently the syrup (which I believe it to be actual maple syrup) must be kept under lock and key guarded by some bean-counting manager who I assume reports directly to the owner regarding the daily syrup consumption at the establishment. After requesting two additional servings of syrup (which come in tiny little syrup tins) I was finally able to make the pancakes palatable. The bright spot of my experience was the scrapple. If I go back, I am ordering two orders of scrapple and nothing else.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Miss Shirley's in Annapolis, MD is a MUST DO. Never thought I would be eating chicken and waffles for breakfast but I can't wait to do it again!! The peppadew-jalapeno butter melted into the nooks and crannies of the white cheddar-green onion waffles while the honey mustard aioli drizzle complimented the boneless breast of chicken pieces. Combine all on a fork, take a bite, close your eyes and enjoy. WOW!! Can't wait to do it again! Also, if you're a Bloody Mary fan, you will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their bloodies. Shirley's version of a Bloody Mary consists of Stoli Citrus, Green Tomato Slice, Pickled Okra, Peppers, Jalapenos, Celery, Peppadew, Lemon, Lime, with an Old Bay Rim With 2-oz. of MD Lump Crab. YUMMO!! A meal in itself. Also recommend the Big Easy Benedict which is Poached Eggs & Cornmeal-Encrusted Jumbo Shrimp, Sliced Tasso Ham on Grit Cakes & Cajun Hollandaise Sauce. Served with Collard Greens made with Tasso Ham & a drizzle of Old Bay Remoulade. We went on a Sunday morning (11ish) and it was very crowded but service was fantastic. Restaurant was very clean and inviting. Open 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

My fiance & his parents went for Sunday brunch. This is our favorite meal, and we like to explore different restaurants. We consider ourselves amateur judges of brunches and especially the bloody mary. Miss Shirley's was phenomenal. The bloodies were everything we had hoped (no, we did not get the crab meat for an additional fee), with a delicious blend of spices and a nice variety of fruit and vegetable garnishes. We started with the Chesapeake Deviled Eggs...absolutely delicious, but probably over priced ($10.99; we will attempt this dish at home next time). Brunch: chicken & waffles: I don't think you'll ever find another one like it: savory waffles and an amazing flavored butter, next to glazed fried chicken pieces, no syrup necessary. It was a deletable combination of flavors. Big Easy Benedict: who thought of that combo (shrimp, Tasso ham, collards, poached egg, grit cakes, hollandaise...)?? Awesome! Build-you-own omelet: where else can you put scrapple IN your omelet? Southern Slammer...tasty take on a BLT! Due to the price point ($150 brunch for 4 people, with app & alcohol), this isn't somewhere we can go every Sunday. We have designated this our 'special' brunch place. Can't wait to return.