“Very good Thai, amazing donuts”
Review of Carlson's Donuts

Carlson's Donuts
Ranked #3 of 10 Bakeries in Annapolis
Cuisines: Thai
“Very good Thai, amazing donuts”
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Carlson's Donuts has made us donut snobs. We can easily turn down donuts from any other place, since we know they will not compare. These are really the best donuts anywhere. My favorite is the sour cream old fashioned. My son's is the Boston cream. If you are lucky and they have left over donuts in the evening, they will include a few for free with your Thai order. The Thai is quite good and compares favorably with the other Thai places in town. The restaurant itself is pretty dingy looking (clean, but old and dated), but the food is yummy.

Reston, Virginia
“Donuts & Thai, no really! And both really good.”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I think Carlson's must have been a donut joint bought by a Thai family who decided to leverage the kitchen all day long. Just a guess...

Carlson's is in an old house and the owners appear to live there. Different generations show up from the back for time to time, often for a bite. The place smells of donuts all the time, but not too overwhelmingly. The Thai food is very solid - good pad Thai, duck dishes, all your noodle favorites. They also have a sandwich and lunch menu that's "American". If you're nice you will likely get a free donut when you pay your check. Recommended for quirky vibe and low priced, quality food.

Visited April 2012
Washington DC
“Go for the doughnuts”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Kinda weird to see a Thai restaurant and a doughnut shop combined. The Thai food? I've had better. The food is ok and the service is good. The doughnuts? In my opinion, that is where this place shines. Their doughnuts are simply scrumptious.

• Visited February 2012
Washington DC
“Excellent service and outstanding dinner!”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The atmosphere is average but the food and service make up for it. Carlson's is very popular and it filled up quickly. My daughter eats vegan and the waitress was eager to offer up a large variety of options which she loved. I eat meat and my chicken panang curry with extra basil was fabulous! We also enjoyed the sticky rice with mango which was absolutely delicious! The waitress was extremely attentive and I was impressed that she handled every table alone and with great efficiency. I asked her about the donuts and she wrapped up two to go which we gobbled down in the car on the way home. They were amazing!!! The waitress even filled my daughter's to go container with extra rice. I like this place alot and I recommend you try it too!

• Visited April 2012
Annapolis
“Great Thai with a bonus”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

You might not expect a donut shop to have great Thai food but that's exactly what happens here. Donuts by day, Thai food by night. And, this is among the best Thai restaurants in Annapolis! But, there's a bonus, if they still have donuts left at dinner time, they generously share them with their loyal patrons. We love this restaurant and have been going for years. Arrive early if you want a donut though.