“I love margaritas!”
Review of Sin Fronteras Cafe

Sin Fronteras Cafe
Ranked #39 of 357 Restaurants in Annapolis
Description: Excellent local eatery offering Mexican and Latin cuisne.
Description: Excellent local eatery offering Mexican and Latin cuisne.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Ok, now that I got that out of the way, let's talk about some seriously yummy food. Went last Friday and sat outside overlooking beautiful Forest Drive (kidding, location is less than desirable but food and drinks make up for it). Had some Grande Margaritas and enjoyed the great weather. This has become one of my favorite go to spots. The drinks, food, staff are all outstanding. If you are looking for some cheap really good sandwiches might I suggest the Cuban sandwich and the Mexican Torta (I had it with chorizo and egg, man was it good!). Do not let the crappy location keep you away, it is one of the best dives in the Annapolis area.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Having visited several times we haven't encountered a dud from the menu yet. Not exactly your standard "Mexican Restaurant" fare as it has a lot of influences from Central American regions. They take great pains to make everything fresh and you can taste it in the dishes. The owner is happy to chat with you about the ingredients and the emphasis on the regional sauces. The salmon and tuna dishes were particular noteworthy on our last outing.

Do yourself a favor and drop in for dinner. Everyone we have introduced to the place are now return customers.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I didn't expect much at first but was quickly surprised. Real sangria, Tasteful food, not a generic Latin food joint. I'm going back soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Authentic Ethnic spanish food...freshly made and the service is very good...at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is the fourth time I have visited Sin Fronteras; each time is better than the time before. My husband and I and another couple met at the restaurant and were immediately seated upon arrival. Warm fresh chips and salsa were delivered to the table and our drink orders taken. Sin Fronteras makes absolutely authentic Pisco Sours-they will rival those you drink in Santiago. Order one when you go-scrumptious! The four of us shared home made guacamole and heavenly shrimp ceviche, -appropriately spicy and perfect with the pisco.

We also had Tuna El maestro: seared ahi tuna – a filet of tuna encrusted with Peruvian spices on top of garlic chipotle mashed potatoes served with julienne vegetables sautéed with el maestro tequila soy sauce fresh ginger and a touch of red roasted wasabi sauce and Camarones al Ajillo (Garlic shrimp).

Everything was made to order, arrived promptly, and served courteously. The owner came by to ask if everything was to our liking. Sin Fronteras is not in downtown Annapolis and is frequented primarily by locals; no reservations are taken. The decor is plain, but the food is anything but. I will go back frequently-I highly suggest you give it a try