“Fantastic Food!”

Sin Fronteras Cafe
Ranked #29 of 348 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish, Central American, International
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Description: Excellent local eatery offering Mexican and Latin cuisne.
“Fantastic Food!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Tried it for the first time today. Hubby and I shared ropas viejas and the baleadas. They were fantastic! The flavors were just so delicious. Truly the tastiest food we've found since moving to Annapolis 2 years ago. Don't let the location (whole in the wall strip mall next to liquor store) turn you off. Give it a try. We're already planning to come back for lunch next week :-)

• Visited May 2013

Annapolis, Maryland
“Delicious and authentic Mexican food”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Trust me, the inside of the restaurant is much better than the outside! I like to think it's something of a local secret, but the Internet has probably ruined that, and really, this place is too good to keep hidden. The menu is fantastic and varied - everything is delicious. The owner (Walter) is so friendly and will come chat with you, give some advice on the menu and maybe even a tequila shot on the house. Best Mexican food in Annapolis, no questions asked. There are also some great fusion options, incorporating Carribbean and South American flavors. For starters, get the plantain chips and the yucca. For the main course, the pollo tropical (curry mango salsa!) is my favorite; my boyfriend loves the pollo a la barbacoa. Last time I ate there, I left my to-go box with my leftovers on the table and walked out. I realized I had forgotten it and went back in, but the server had accidentally thrown it away. Walter insisted on making me a whole new meal, despite my protests, because really it was my mistake! Don't let the location fool you, this restaurant is classy, delicious, affordable, and a great all-around experience.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Whitney H
Annapolis, Maryland
“authentic latin & mex food”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Don't let the unassuming location fool you. This is a restaurant that will become one of your favorites. the food was authentically prepared, with a hint of spiciness that was just right. I had the chicken enchiladas, which were loaded with meat. My friend had the chimichanga - again, lots of meat and taste. The server was friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. One of the owners stopped by our table twice - once to greet us, and later to ask about the food and service. the margaritas are delicious and well-mixed. the only drawback is the acoustics, which the owner said they are working on.

• Visited April 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“A diamond in the rough”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

As a Puerto Rican and Bolivian couple, my husband and I are always looking for authentic Latin food - you will find it at Sin Fronteras! I would never guess that this somewhat obscure little place in a strip mall, next to a liquor store would have such great food. I read another review which stated the guacamole was just ok and I have no idea where this person ate - the guacamole here is WONDERFUL! It is a huge portion with perfect amounts of onion, tomatoes, cilantro and love... The yuca frita with chicharones de cerdo, burritos, lomo saltado, carne asada, ropa vieja and Cuban sandwich (to name a few) are the real thing. The Cuban sandwich is the best I have tasted in a while. The food alone is reason enough for you to visit but the margaritas are the cherry on top. They are made the real way without the margarita mix and they are truly made with love - aka plenty of tequila. The servers are friendly and prompt, and the owners always come by to say hello and ensure that you are happy with your meal. If I had one complaint, it would just be the decor. The murals are really nice but the furniture is a little blah. BUT that is completely irrelevant because I go for good food and drink which is always on the menu.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Boricua78
“Outstanding food and service”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Salmon and margaritas are outstanding!!! Friendly service!!! Always a good time and the owners will always stop by to chat and ensure everything is to your liking.