“Porkchop Mamajuana!”
Review of Sin Fronteras Cafe

Sin Fronteras Cafe
Ranked #8 of 368 Restaurants in Annapolis
Description: Excellent local eatery offering Mexican and Latin cuisne.
Description: Excellent local eatery offering Mexican and Latin cuisne.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Over this past year Sin Fronteras has become my favorite spot to eat in Annapolis. I at least make it a point to stop in once a week. Do not let the location of this restaurant deter you from dining there. It is located in a small strip next to a liquor store. However the food is without a doubt the best authentic latin american food in town. Walter and his staff go above and beyond with each and every customer. The guacamole and salsa are prepared fresh daily. They now have a lunch menu that is a fantastic bargain for the food that you are getting. My personal favorites are the Lomo Saltado and a must try for any person dining here is the Porkchop Mamajuana! THE BEST porkchop I have ever eaten...period. If you are looking for a down to earth dining experience with authentic latin american food then by all means check out Sin Fronteras. Give the Pisco Sour and Sangria a try as well!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is located in a small strip mall near Rt 2 on Forest Drive. There is a liquor store in the mall that has people that hang outside of it. I would probably go more often if the location was a bit better. The owners are very pleasant and help new customers decide on the food on the menu. My husband loves cerviche and found it to be wonderful here. I had a Margarita which was fantastic and not from a mix! I also enjoyed my entree but don't remember what I ordered since it was a while ago!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Everyone had great things to say about this place, and I really wanted to like it, but I was extremely disappointed. I ordered the Chicken vegetable soup and am sorry to say it was a total let down. It completely lacked flavor; tasted like store bought chicken broth. And while it was chock full of whole chicken legs and vegetables, the vegetables were not cut up at all (as in huge pieces of cabbage and 4" long pieces of carrot and celery that were difficult to cut/eat) and both them and the chicken lacked any flavor. There was not a single chile or spice other than some cilantro to be found in it. And I waited 30 minutes for it in an empty restaurant with no comment from the waitstaff. While my waiter was very nice, it couldn't make up for the bad food, the poor atmosphere, and the freezing cold restaurant with fans going when it was 50 degrees outside. I'll try it once more, based on all of the great reviews, but I would recommend avoiding the soup.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Sin Fronteras is so much more. If you are looking for authentic Central American food, this is your place! Try something you haven't heard of like Baleadas (Honduras), Ceviche or Lomo Saltado (Peru). If you must have Mexican, the Pesado Oaxaca like standard Mexican fare.

Ask for the skinny margarita (no mix, only lime, tequila and a little sugar) or the Pisco Sour (if they aren't out of Pisco!).

Kudos to Walter, Wilmer and all the gang for a great, little gem

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Based on several personal recommendations, we tried this restaurant tonight. Started out with a margarita. Oh my. Fabulous! We always compare margaritas to our favorite...the Mexican Cafe. We don't like the sweet stuff made with Margarita Mix. This was definitely made with the real stuff...one margarita at a time. I definitely could not have more than one. I usually have two at the Mexican Cafe. The food was fabulous , too. Very fresh, tasty, and different. Not your typical Tex-Mex....so much more is offered. This is NOT a fancy restaurant...a low key, dive sort of place. We were sitting in the bar area when someone decided to play the digital juke box. Too loud for us so we moved I to the restaurant side. Much better. There were mostly Latinos in the place. Good sign in my book. A couple of Annapolis police came in. You know they know the best places in town. Oh, and our service by Juan was awesome. We can't wait to go back and try something else.