Review Highlights
Fine but a few issues

We went during the week so it wasn't crowded at all. That said, my wife likes to go to the far left... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
GoHeeeels
via mobile
For the beach !

Nices beaches, with a lot of amenities (BBQ, tents, ...).Very easy for families. Moving to east... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Alain L
Paris, France

Recommended experiences in and around Annapolis
from $29.00
from $59.00
from $95.00
More Info
All reviews bay bridge nice beach concession stand ocean beach polar bear plunge water shoes christmas lights summer weekends rest rooms day trip maryland state entry fee fishing picnic booster shore dc
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Moving to east beach makes the beach a lot quieter than the larger one, which seems often crowded.

Reviewed August 8, 2019 via mobile

Let me get this out of the way: the bathrooms are awful. The sinks have a sign asking people not to use them to wash their feet but it looks like that's what they are used for all day, every day. Just gross.

I usually take my own snacks so I have no idea what the prices are at the snack bar but I always hear larger families complaining.

But the joy of Sandy Point is its proximity to DC; I can leave my house and be on my beach blanket enjoying the water and a beautiful view in an hour. The sand is pretty hard and rather rocky but it's not a turnoff.

Park fees are $4 per person during the week and $5 on weekends. Hm, maybe I'll go again tomorrow.

3  Thank Locemup
Reviewed August 6, 2019

We love Sandy Point one hour away nice family environment, enough space to enjoy the park and beach!

Date of experience: July 2019
3  Thank tdtuck
Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

If you are looking to hit a beech this summer and do not want to drive long ways from DC this is a great beech and fun place to go to.It could be little bit crowded on weekends and now because of the summer holidays but still worth it.Great view of the Chesapeake bay bridge!

2  Thank muhammadjaveda2017
Reviewed July 18, 2019

We had a fun day playing in the water and sand. The weekday cost for 4 adults was $16. The 2 preschoolers were free. We are used to the soft white sand beaches of the Florida Gulf coast, so the brown sand and pebbles took some getting used to. I recommend wearing water shoes. There's a long, gentle slope for adults and taller children to be able to stand. Being in the bay meant no crashing waves and lots of fun for weak swimmers. We put a lifejacket on the 4-year-old for peace of mind. The lifeguards were kind and friendly. Having shaded picnic tables was great, but biting flies made us glad for insect repellent. The kids enjoyed the playground. The concession stand ice cream helped get the kids loaded up into the car (bribery!!!), and the staff happily divided one serving into 2 cups, BOTH with sprinkles. The bathroom shower was cold water only and pretty sandy. Several changing cubicles were missing doors. However, we needed to clean up for the hour+ drive back.

Date of experience: July 2019