“Honeymoon/getaway”

Ranked #16 of 91 things to do in Annapolis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Honeymoon/getaway”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Worst type of beach I ever went to!! I went there with my wife. It was part of our honeymoon/getaway trip. Beach was bad. While we were waking saw an employee pumping waste out of bathrooms and dumping it where picnic area located at!! Very disgusting! ! Plus you have to pay per person to get into park!! Plus litter was scattered all over the sandy beach!! Not a good place to visit! ! I sure as hell wont be going there again! ! Big disappointment! !

2 Thank David M

“Don't go on weekends!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

My family like to come here. We came once in June on a weekday, nice & quiet. The bathroom is clean. And today on a Sunday, we knew it is going to be busy, but being at a crowded beach is fine, the worst part is going to the bathroom, it smells, water & toilet papers on the floor....it is disgusting. Something flash over my mind might be I should just do it on the ocean, I guarantee a lots of people is already doing it but my moral told me this is wrong unless I am very old or a 5-year old. We pay $7 for non-Maryland resident to get in, they should have the bathroom clean frequently on a busy Sunday like this.
On the other hand, the lifeguards and the first aids response very quickly when there was a boy relocate his shoulder. That I'd give them 5 stars.

Millersville MD
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Good if you live close”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

This park and beach are cleaner than the last visit about 10 years ago. No, it's not clear water, and the beach is a bit peebly, as is the first few feet of water. After that it's nice and sandy, and calm. It has enough wave action for the under 10 years old crowd but more adventurous kids may ask to pack up the car and take them to Ocean City. All of the kids wanted to stay in the water all day. The restroom and snack bar are both close which is nice when you have tots to tweens. I will not wait so long again to visit. We did not use any of the boating facilities so I can't comment.

One thing I tend to notice at pools and beaches is...are the lifeguards paying proper attention? I can say I was very pleased with our lifeguard.

1 Thank dana21108
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Visiting in late afternoon makes for a better experience ”
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

First off, this is not one of the nicer beaches in Maryland. It is dirty, and the facilities are a bit run down. We visited later in the afternoon, however, and it was less crowded than usual, pleasant, and rewarded us with a marvelous view of the bridge as the sun began to set. A plus for location, C minus for state of it all.

Clarksburg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A short beach escape”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We planned to visit beach last weekend. We have researched several places. Finally in consideration of the weather and our young child, we ended up going here instead of two other places with much higher rating. To be honest, we have been here four years ago. Back then, we paid mostly $30 for the entrance fee and only stayed 5 minutes before we were scared away. So this time, we have very low expectation. It turned out better than we expected. We stayed 4 hours this time.

There are a few things may help you.
1. You have to bring everything you need, e.g. umbrella, chairs. Or you can rent them onsite.
2. It would be better if you arrive early, say before 11am in the summer. Otherwise, you might not be able to get in. This also means the beach won't get overcrowded.
3. Wear water shoes or sandals since the sand gets very hot in the afternoon.
4. If you come from west, e.g. DC, you can take exit 29 instead of 30 since the traffic jam usually starts before exist 30.
5. Of course like other reviews said, the beach and the bathroom is not particularly "clean" by definition. But it is still OK especially given its high usage.

Generally if you want a quick beach get-away, this is not a bad choice. Of course if you have more time, or not live within one-hour drive, you should go for other better choices.

4 Thank Qi D