“Not a very pleasant beach”

Sandy Point State Park
Ranked #17 of 91 things to do in Annapolis
Elkridge, Maryland
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Not a very pleasant beach”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The beach area is very dirty and has a lot of issues with stuff in the water. I wouldn't go back.

People were very rude and just not a nice place to visit.

1 Thank Robin P

BALTIMORE
5 attraction reviews
“Nice beach”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a great public beach with a wonderful view of the Bay Bridge and boats on the Chesapeake Bay. Bring your picnic lunch and enjoy a lovely day at a clean beautiful beach in Maryland

Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Meh...I expected more.”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I love parks and I had high hopes for this one, but sadly... it barely scores an 'average'. There are minimal trails for walking...you do the loop and sort of sit there thinking...um...was that it? Bathrooms seem to always be locked, but hey...lovely porta johns await. 0_o Add to that, there are always more people than I'd like, yelling and running amok. It's also not some place I'd ever consider taking a dip, as the water doesn't exactly scream *i'm clean!*. A couple of nice things I will say about it...there is ample parking and a lovely view of a lighthouse.

Oh and one more thing (and I realize they have to get funding from somewhere), you have to pay to 'enjoy' this park. I'd say, if you can...skip it.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Jennifer C
State College, Pennsylvania
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Can be crowded”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Have visited a few times when I lived in the area. During the summer months, the beach area can be quite crowded. Enjoy watching the bay traffic moving under the Bay Bridge from this spot though; great photo opportunities.

Visited August 2012
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Afternoon”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've never visited Sandy Point in the summer, but if it's anything like today, my wife and I will definitely go back. We arrived around 1:00 PM on a beautiful fall afternoon (65 degrees). The drive was a quick 40 minutes from downtown Baltimore, so that was the first bonus (normally we have to drive 2 or 3 hours to get to a decent beach).
The park was quaint, clean and well kept. The $10 fee to get into the park was well worth it. We ate lunch on a picnic table overlooking the Bay and the Bay Bridge. Perfect picnic weather. After lunch, my son and wife and I laid a blanket on the beach and had a blast playing on the beach, going knee deep in the water and enjoying each others company. There were a few other couples at the beach, but for the most part, we had it all to ourselves. The sand was well groomed and soft, the beach was clean and the water wasn't that cold (after we got used to it).
We will definitely come and visit this park again!!!! What an amazing afternoon!!!!

Visited October 2012