“great value, just wish the beds were more comfortable”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed March 16, 2010

First, let me say I have a bad back and need a firm mattress to rest well. This hotel was great in every respect except for the beds. The mattresses were newish but just not very firm. Otherwise, the breakfast was good, the hotel was well kept, clean, the room was nice...really a great hotel for the money.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 10, 2010

We chose this location to stay while visiting family in maryland. The atmosphere, and staff were very warm and friendly. Front desk clerk April, was especially helpful and accommodating. Beautiful, clean rooms, kids loved the swimming pool. Perfect location, with plenty of area attractions. We will be sure to choose Country Inn suites in Annapolis each time we visit.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2010

We were in Annapolis due to the illness of our son--we have been here for 3 weeks and survived the blizzard--the staff could not have been nicer--even offered to go to the grocery store if we needed anything to get thru the storm--really a great experience for a Hotel --the room was warm,clean and very comfortable --it was so nice have a suite --were we had a micro wave a small frig and coffee pot --breakfast every morning --I also greatly enjoyed the high speed internet --just great and yes we are coming back in several weeks our son needs surgery and we will be staying here again-Phyllis Diamond

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2010

We checked in around 8 pm on a Saturday. The ladies at the front desk were very pleasant and accommodating. I was in a large suite with a fireplace which was a very good size and consisted of three rooms. A kitchen/dining/living room area, a double vanity bathroom and the bedroom. The living area and bedroom both had flat screen televisions and the fireplace was a nice touch. My only complaint is that the couch in the living room was in serious need of being replaced. Between the fabric being so worn the color was wearing off and the numerous black stains and cigarette burns, it was really just gross and out of place especially considering this is supposed to be the suite. Overall though, the room was very nice and well appointed. I would recommend this location to people wanting to stay in the Annapolis area at a reasonable price. Oh, and the fitness center had so many mirrors I thought I was having vertigo. So, if you like to look at yourself from every unflattering angle, then hang out in there. Ha!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2010

Great hotel, clean and convenient to Annapolis Mall, just off of route 50, across the street from a Safeway, Best Buy, Home Depot and oriental restaurant. Very friendly staff and recently renovated.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2010

my stay at country inns and suites was very pleasant again
i enjoyed the new lobby , felt comfortable .
pleasent staff especially Trisa Farrish she was very kind and helpful
about new resturants, in the area .. i was very happy with a spacious room
and overall cleaniness ...

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2010

I stayed in this place over the New Year's weekend. It was infested with noisy families, partying teens, and some unscrupulous-looking streetish people.

Almost all week, I felt like someone had left the microwave oven on high, and I was almost deathly ill in the room where I stayed. I'm sure there was an explanation for this.

I could not get cab service or a shuttle for several days. The management there stinks because they did nothing about it. When I told them I was stranded and that I had observed some unusual neighbors, I got the boot.

Let's just say, I gave Annapolis something in return to remember me by. It might make them think twice about ruining my stay.

Stayed: January 2010