New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“After all these years still a great place to stay and cant wait for the finished product” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

I was pleased to be able to check in quickly after a long tiring day. The staff was excellent and I was even impressed with all the new improvements in the Hotel. I had stayed here years ago and currently have to stay in the area for an ongoing project off and on. My production team and I are looking forward to frequenting this comfy hotel. The pool is really relaxing and wonderful to dip in after a long day. The jacuzzi was very nice, perfect temp, and was the perfect medicine for my sore achy muscles. I had a great sleep, beds are very comfortable. The rooms are very clean, really big and everything was in order and just right. I asked about the new improvements going on and the staff apologized but also told me about the great changes that they are going through to improve the hotel. I really did not mind as it did not affect my stay there. I just can not wait to see the finished product, it already looks great. I am definetly going to bring my kids next time we visit Annapolis to enjoy the pool and festivities Annapolis has to offer. The staff was really helpful in helping us plan some fun activities for our stay. I have stayed in many Hotels and this one has always been a favorite, just because of the friendly staff and great location. My team and I had a great time on the town and we were minutes from the Maryland Renassiance Festival, which was also a lot of fun. The Hotels shuttle service was great and had us at our destinations in no time flat. The location has restuarants very close and is an excellent Hotel to stay in for the cost conscious traveler. If you or a family member are looking for a friendly, clean , and relaxing place to stay in Annapolis. I would highly recommend the Country Inn and Suites!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Vermont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

We've stayed at this inn 3 times over the past 6 years. The first two times, we found it to be a pleasant experience and the shuttle service reliable and convenient. This time was very different. Though our room was clean, the common areas were not. The hallway carpeting wasn't vacuumed during our 3-day visit and was very noticeably dirty, and the bathroom by the lobby area had an overflowing trash can and paper/water on the floor. Overall, the facility seemed tired and in need of some good maintenance and upgrading. (Eg, our room was missing a mirror, so the unpainted wall and glue was what we got to see; the remote was held together with duct tape; some towels were very thin and frayed.) And though the staff were always courteous, they seemed less experienced or professional than before. We heard the inn was struggling with high staff turnover. There was nothing so bad that some good management couldn't fix (eg, basics are still fine; breakfast satisfactory) but I would not return unless these issues were fixed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2009

This suite hotel is a very pleasant stay for someone travelling or using it as a base. We had a 1 bed suite which though a little dark as it was at the back of the building was otherwise fine. It was clean and the bed was probably the best i have ever slept in. The pull out bed however was not very comfortable for our son who is 6'2". It's probably more suited to a smaller child. The location is somewhat out of towm but there is a shuttle from the hotel. If you wanted to be in the centre of Annapolis this is probably not a good choice. There is no bar or restaurant on site but plenty of great restaurants nearby and in the centre of Annapolis. Overall it was good value and a pleasant stay. The staff were very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

Our third stay here was WAY different than the first two.(see earlier review) The main changes were that the hotel was "full" due to a Naval Academy event and we arrived in the evening and were given a room on the ground floor. The staff seemed much less concerned with our stay this time. The room was not as clean as it should have been and it was DAMP. Our son has asthma and all kinds of mold allergies and I was concerned for his health. The ground floor is partly under ground and the pool is located here. We were not able to move to another room due to their policy that they assign rooms when you arrive...they were full and so it didn't matter that I had made our reservation weeks earlier. When I packed our clothes hanging in the closet they were damp...yuck. The room had a funky musty smell. Also, in the "basement" you can forget about wireless hi speed internet....it is no big deal if it is free if you can not access it! To top it off, I was sent a survey of our stay to fill out by email and I told them all the bad things about our stay and even about one good employee and guess what....I never received any feedback from them!! So, now I have to say ....stay here ONLY if you are on one of the upper floors and do not expect consistent customer service.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay here visiting Annapolis for business. I liked having an internet connection that worked great !!! My business associates and I commented on how we all enjoyed the friendly atmoshphere and felt really comfortable for the whole stay. I did not have a chance to dip in the pool or jacuzzi but will do the next time. I did work out in the gym and was very happy to be able to sweat off the yummy breakfast the Hotel had for me. I would stay here again and again the staff is really down to earth and polite. The location is great and I slept the best I have in a long time. The rooms were very clean, stocked with every thing you need and being a needy person at times I was very impressed with the service I recieved. Staying in Hotels a lot I would recommend this one to my Mom and Dad when they visit Annapolis. Check it out when you visit and dont forget to bring your swim suit!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
wales, uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

This was our last stop in the States and we loved Annapolis. Hotel was very clean and comfortable but it was a little remote from the main attractions. Shule was handy but we needed a taxi at night which was 15 dollars a time. Staff were friendly, especially Jeremy!

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2009

We stayed one night in the jacuzzi suite with the romantic getaway package. It was a great value and we had no problems with the hotel. It was easy to get to downtown Annapolis and it was nice not having to worry about finding parking at the hotel.

Check-in and check-out were very quick and easy. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I think my only complaints (and they didn't really bother me) were that the room is slightly outdated and the jacuzzi jets started working after a while. The hotel looks a lot older in the photos, they should update them. I would definitely stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple