“Rest Period”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed May 20, 2011

This hotel is a very nice hotel in which I stay at everytime I come to Annapolis. I have to say that the rates are pretty nice majority of the time. I have also had the opportunity to enjoy their suites as well. In which case, I have to say it does not matter what type of room you get (regular room, suite, jacuzzi room, or with fireplace), they are all very nice.

Room Tip: Use your AAA card to get a nice price on rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Annapolis

Reviewed May 10, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for one night in May 2011 for her 19th birthday. We got the whirlpool suite and I highly recommend it! The price was very reasonable. The hotel room is large with the whirlpool and fireplace in the room with you. The bed is very comfortable and the large flat screen TV was great. The food at the included breakfast was perfect. The location of the hotel is not bad if you know you way around Annapolis -or have a GPS. Close to the mall and to David Alexander Spa where my daughter had a birthday massage! It was a great experience and I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Use a GPS to get to downtown Annapolis.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2011

The hotel was okay, but not staffed to handle the large family crowds that over whelmed the breakfast area during our stay. Needed more food and staff to deal with the waves of people.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2011

The hotel was a very nice place to stay if your going out and about. The mall was just across the street with many of the area's attractions near by and the service was friendly. I recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2011

First of all it is not easy to get to this hotel. The hotel sits back in behind a shopping complex with no signs. We circled around twice till we found it. We got to the hotel at 3:30PM. It took 10 minutes for check in because there was only one person on duty and she had to deliver towels to another room (don't know where housekeeping was) before she checked us in. We had reserved a room with King size bed, fireplace and jacuzzi tub for our anniversary. She said only one room was ready and the TV was slightly tilted sideways, frame was bent. No other rooms available, even though check in is at 3PM, so we took it. It was on the third floor second room on the left. When we got there housekeeping was outside the room chatting and told us it wasn't ready yet, I went back downstairs to check with lady at check in desk. She said it was ready and took us back up to talk to housekeeping. They put towels in the room and we went in. The room was clean, jacuzzi tub nice, the bathroom was ok-tub needs to be redone, desk in room had lots of nicks, scratches, and the light on the fan did not work. We went out to dinner and came back to hotel for quiet night together-did not happen. The room next to us must have been having a party and it sounded like people jumping on the bed, lots of doors slamming and finally sounded like there was going to be a fight around 12:30AM when a bunch of people left. We tried to call down to the lobby and no one picked up also they HAD to have heard it in the lobby. Needless to say we did not get to sleep until 1:00AM. We were woken up about 2:00AM to a bunch of girls having a LOUD conversation on the way to their rooms. We were then woken up at 8AM to a sweeper being run in the room next to ours. This was a horrible way to end our anniversary weekend together. I know the hotel cannot be responsible for guests but they can tell them to quiet down. Also it was noted in my reservation that this was for an anniversary so why would you put a couple in the second room at the beginning of a hallway. I would put them at the end of the hallway so there would be less traffic and noise. Of course she did tell us that was the only room that was available and didn't give us a choice of waiting for another one. Also I do not believe this hotel was completely booked because they parking lot was half empty. I also heard that some rooms did not have enough towels and the reason was one of their washers was broken.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2011

We booked this hotel for 2 nights after a terrible experience at another hotel. The main reason for this hotel was for the indoor pool. It opens at 5 pm on week days. No one told us about the swim classes that are held at this hotel. An outside party used this pool on Wednesday night, but we were still able to enjoy swimming with our 2 sons. The beds were quite comfortable, but the people in the room above us sounded like a heard of elephants at night. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The Annapolis Mall is less than a mile away, which was an added bonus for us :-) My family will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are in the Annapolis/DC area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I had stayed here previously and liked the location and actually the hotel. Was to stay here over superbowl weekend. The day before I was to check-in I receive a call saying I couldn't stay in the room I had reserved, because the patron in the room needed to extend. How very tacky!! These reservations were made in Nov or Dec. I didn't want another room, this one had a fireplace. When I asked about the 2nd fireplace room I was told that was occupied for a month. Unable to find a hotel at a reasonable price at this time I cancelled. I was hurt, upset, and felt discrimanated against. Never heard of a hotel doing this!! Called the main number for reservations and complained. The reservationalist agreed and offered me a free 2 night stay elsewhere. I will never stay or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple