“Loved it - highly recommend this hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
North Alabama
“Loved it - highly recommend this hotel”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

From the time I first entered until I left, the hotel staff was awesome. I was greeted very pleasantly and checking in was seamless. My room was clean and modern. The business center was private and it cost nothing to use the computers. The breakfast buffet was excellent. The front desk staff was always polite and helpful.

I must say this is the best shuttle service of any hotel that I have been to. John was the best and most helpful driver. I used the shuttle several times a day each day I stayed and was always surprised at how great it was. I like that it takes you anywhere within a five mile radius. The drivers were also very helpful in suggesting restaurants and things to do. It really made the trip.

This was a really great hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I have been on extended travel to Annapolis, MD since August 2009 and have stayed at several other hotels: Springhill Suites and Residence Inn that do not compare to the Doubletree Hotel. The staff members at the Doubletree make you feel like you are a member of their family and you are staying at home as compared to just a hotel.
I would like to mention two people who have gone above and beyond to make my stay at the Doubletree more pleasant: Mercedes (who works at the front desk and restaurant) and Carlos (who is the full time bartender).
I am not receiving any type of monetary incentive for submitting this review from the Doubletree Hotel or its staff and I have been staying at the Doubletree from the beginning of Oct 2009 to the present (Feb 2010).
Thank you.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Southern MD
Reviewed January 7, 2010

I have been traveling to Annapolis a lot lately and will only stay at the Double Tree now. The personnel are great. Especially Carlos Cruz, the Bartender, and Mercades, both restaurant and guest services. They both make me feel welcome and will go out of their way to help you.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank nana_with_4
AnnapolisDoubletree, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis, responded to this review, January 28, 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are very happy that you have been staying with us and look forward to having you back!
Frederick, Md.
Reviewed December 13, 2009

We have just returned from a two night stay at the Doubletree Annapolis. Our king room was clean and spacious. A few small things were out of order--the desk chair arm was loose and a nail had popped out on the arm of the sofa. We mentioned that fact to the manager. He had it fixed within 15 minutes. He double checked on our stay both that night and the next day. His personal attention and kind demeanor was sincere and impressive. The service was exemplary. We felt confident that they truly wanted our stay to be pleasant. I highly recommend this hotel. First class service is rare and it is in abundance at the Doubletree. And, by the way, the food in their restaurant was also first class. Check out the crab cakes and the cream of crab soup! My daughter wants me to also mention their chocolate chip cookies! Plus, beat the parking issues in downtown Annapolis and use their shuttle.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank LRBrain
We are so happy that you were delighted with your stay. We certainly try to make everyone feel at home while they are with us and with great guests like you that is easy to do.
We appreciate all of your kind words and hope that you will think of us for your next trip to Annapolis.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed November 23, 2009

Spent two weeks at the Doubletree Annapolis. Very clean, food was great. The only thing that is negative was the limitions on the menu. The pleasure of our stay was greatly enhanced by Lauren DeLong at the front desk, Carlos Cruz (bartender) and last but the least Laura Hill our Port's-O-Call server. All the staff was great, but these three went the extra mile. They made us feel like family and are truly a asset.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
wilmington, delaware
Reviewed November 23, 2009

My husband planned a road trip for my birthday. Annapolis was our first stop coming from Delaware. We reviewed many hotels in the area and picked Double Tree because of the price. We received a AAA discounts which is always helpful. We had read that the location isn't that great. It's perfect with the shuttle! We arrived around 6pm on Saturday night. We were greeted by two people one was Lisa. She booked my reservation the previous evening and was very pleasant. The other receptionist was nice promising cookies to be sent to our room since they were still cooking. No cookies arrived. Lisa did remember that it was my Birthday and did offer a Buffet to us.
Our room was a standard King facing the parking lot. Very nice and clean. Had a chair and desk. Dinner: We took their shuttle to Pusser's on the River which Lisa had suggested. IT WAS AWESOME..Have a painkiller drink very good! We called the shuttle and within 20 minutes we were back in our room. The KING bed was great! The bedding and pillows were amazing! Since we have two children it was nice to sleep in unitl 7:30am. We got up and made a cup of coffee and tea in our room. The buffet was good.
We took their shuttle to downtown. We took our own self guided tour for 2 hours. We walked the streets, went into a few shops, Viewed the State house, Looked some historic homes and spent 1/2 in the Naval Academy Store. They offer a Free Movie and self tour upstairs. Got picked up at the Academy.
Checked out at 1:30 to leave for St Michaels Maryland.
This was a great night and day. We really liked the city. Would go back and stay at the Double Tree. The shuttle, The Bedding, The Service was AWESOME!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
ocean city, md
Reviewed November 18, 2009

This is a nice hotel that is well kept. The staff is very polite and helpful, I can't think of anything negative to say about my time at the doubletree, which was four nights for a conference. It is close to downtown, which has many scenic areas. The hotel provides a shuttle to downtown, which is helpful. Parking is free and did not have any problems finding a parking spot even considering the hotel was fully booked for our conference.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business