1,230 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiesfront deskshuttle serviceshuttle busrestaurant staffoutdoor poolbreakfast buffetnaval academyannapolis areachecking infitness centerhistoric districtportsconferencehighwaydowntown
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have found that this is the best hotel that I have ever stayed at. I do a lot of traveling for business and see more than my share of hotels. I look forward to my trip to Annapolis, MD because I know I have a great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AnnapolisDoubletree, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Valued Traveler:
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor for the DoubleTree Hotel Annapolis. We are delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here last November and we're on a high number floor (5 or 6) and we remember it being a nice hotel. So when we were in town this weekend, last minute we called and got a great rate for $116 (the day of) and an extra $50 for my Shih-Tzu. We waited in line for about 15 minutes to check in (one desk clerk on a Saturday night). She greeted us with no smile and aggressively told us there was an extra $50 charge for our dog (which she saw on his leash) and that it was NON REFUNDABLE. We were ok with that and then I asked if she had any upgrades I could use with my Hilton Honors. She sharply told me, "NO" because we had a pet. Pet only rooms were on the first floor. We got to our room and noticed a smell on the first floor and got even worse in our room. It was musty and felt like we were in a dungeon. My husband, who served 4 times in Afghanistan and slept on dirt, is the furtherest thing from a pre-Madonna, said, "We're not staying in here. This is awful. Smells like mold and feels like a Motel 8. He called front desk and they moved us to the 3rd floor, which was better, but as soon as we sat on the bed, it collapsed (he is 6' and 210 lbs, I am 5' 7" and 130 lbs). We laughed and got on the other bed, which caved in the middle. By this time we were settled in and after traveling all day, we just wanted to sleep. So we rolled our eyes and had a bad night sleep of trying to get comfortable. The bathroom was ok, the tub needs to be replaced. It felt like we were in a Holiday Inn. I don't know if the rooms are nicer on the higher floors, because we were not disappointed last year when we stayed. It felt like it's gone down hill. The gym in ok- has 3 treadmills, 2 ellipticals and a bike (all newer models). Has a VERY low ceiling, but that's because it's on the 1st floor. They have a nice set of free weights and a pulley machine. On a positive note with this hotel- I believe his name is John, he is the driver for their shuttle- He is SO friendly and helpful. He should be working at a 5 star hotel. He's wonderful!!!!!! Overall it felt as if this hotel was under new management and it needs a facelift. If you get it for a good rate- it is is a FABULOUS location across street from great shopping and restaurants, free shuttle to downtown and minutes from Mall. It's a decent hotel, but not a "typical" Double Tree. Just as my rating states, it was just average.

Room Tip: Ask for a 5th or 6th floor room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your stay at the DoubleTree in Annapolis. We are delighted that the location was convenient and you were able to enjoy your stay.

However, your check in is not typical of our service level and it will be reviewed with our management staff. Additionally, our maintenance department will be informed about the room conditions. Please know this is not the experience that we want you to remember. We would very much like the opportunity to discuss your stay in detail and restore your faith in the DoubleTree Hotel Annapolis.

Please email Gail Terribile at gterribile@doubletreeannapolis.com with your contact information.

We very much appreciate your business and want you to return.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I work for the Coast Guard and this trip took me to the CG yard in Baltimore, MD. I chose to drive the 25 miles each day too and from just to stay in the Double Tree Annapolis. The hotel and it's people always make me feel at home. From the moment of check in until I'm having a cold adult beverage with Donnie in the bar after work or taking their free shuttle down town, this hotel is first rate !! George from Chesapeake, VA

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AnnapolisDoubletree, Public Relations Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you so much for the wonderful review on Trip Advisor for the DoubleTree Hotel Annapolis. We are thrilled that you drive the extra miles just to stay with us. Your business is very appreciated and your comments will be shared with the entire staff.

Thank you for staying with us!

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I think this (m)hotel is out of the doubletree standards. Aged building, aged rooms with average conditions. When traveling we stay at Hilton or doubletree and this is not their standard. Positive: free parking, free Internet, shuttle to downtown if you don't like moving your car, the shopping centre nearby. Negative: old building, very Very soft bed (may be mine was not working properly), limited breakfast (if you buy the b&b package you won't be allowed to order from the list), noisy position nearby the highway (if you get a room on that side....good luck as cars and trucks will be driving in your room), room cleaning can be improved.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RunningA

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the DoubleTree Hotel. We are glad that you found the amenities of the hotel useful However, we regret falling short of your expectations for the bed comfort and room location. It is our goal to provide the best service and accommodations to all of our guests and we grow from each review.

If you would like to discuss your visit in further detail, please contact gterribile@doubletreeannapolis.com. Again, we appreciate your feedback and the information you shared.

Respectfully,

Reviewed August 22, 2013

A large group from my company stayed at this hotel for a week. This was a great location to downtown Annapolis and near local shopping. Staff was very friendly and the shuttle driver was eager to take us to local restaurants and shopping. My only complaint is that the A/C was so very loud that I had to turn it off during the night because it kept waking me. This had to be the loudest A/C I have ever heard. I found out by speaking with others in my group that they had the same issue.

Room Tip: Don't use the A/C!