Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
“Okay”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here a week on business. Bed was comfortable, Sheets not changed the entire week. I checked in on Sunday, out on Friday. Finish peeling off of tub and shower. There is no complimentary coffee. I felt like we were being nickled and dimed the entire stay. During breaks, the hotel would set up a refreshment table-$2 for a cup of coffee, $2 for a can of coke, etc. Really? At any time during the stay, you had to pay for your coffee, and it wasn't even quality coffee. The glasses on our tables for water during the meeting were dirty everyday. On Monday, a coworker spilled oatmeal on the tablecloth, it remained on the table all week, along with the dirty glasses.
The restaurant had good food. I had a coupon for breakfast as I am a hhonors member, each morning I would ask for coffee and water, they would bring coffee and show me the buffet and then ignore me the rest of the time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Cidra, Puerto Rico
Reviewed March 31, 2013

EXCELLENT SERVICE AND LOCATION!! and delicious warm cookie at Check in :) In front of a mall with a bit of everything. Hotel was spotless, and the food at their restaurant was good.

We had a car but the hotel ended up being close to everywhere we needed to be. Front desk and restaurant employees were very helpful and nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Oradell, New Jersey
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Hotel was spotless. The weather was lousy, so one night we hung out in the very comfortable lobby and had pizza and watched tv together. We were a group of 11, so the lobby was a great choice for all of us. The staff could not have been more helpful. The free shuttle into downtown Annapolis was such a great help! Not one negative thing to say about our experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Maryland USA
Reviewed March 27, 2013

When ever I travel, I insist that the hotel have a bar. I know that the prices will probably be higher then I will pay outside the hotel, but like the convenience of not having to drive or take a cab. This place was great !!!! Jason handled the bar very efficiently and even though there was a wedding party, he stayed on top of things. I was also impressed with the complimentary van service. I would definitely recommend an will stay here again.

East Coast
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I've never stayed at Doubletree and never had the inclination to. The name has never come up for me in either business or personal travel until now. This was the selection of my church's retreat committee, which chooses a different hotel each year. And if the bathtubs in all the other Doubletrees are like the ones at this location, I won't be staying there again. I was moved to FIVE different rooms, trying to find one that didn't have chipped paint holes (large AND small) glaring at me through the bathtub surface. Poor lady that was trying to accommodate me -- she even tried putting me up in TWO different suites but they both had the same issue. According to her, no one has ever complained about the problem. I guess that's me being finicky ... I don't have chipped paint holes staring me in the face at home, so when paying money on the road, I don't think I should have any staring at me ... much less have to bathe or shower in them ... at a Hilton brand hotel.

Chipped paint isn't an overnight problem, it happens over time. In my opinion, rooms with these issues shouldn't be used and the problem should be repaired before getting as bad as they are now. Not sure if it's hazardous but besides that, image/presentation is important for hotels, and this was DEFINITELY a turn-off for me. Not saying these problems don't exist elsewhere but I've never seen them in any other reputable hotel I've stayed in. A couple of the tubs were so bad, I took pics on my phone but I don't think Doubletree would want ppl to see that...smh.

Aside from that, the appearance and cleanliness of the room itself, as well as the bathroom face bowl area were just fine.

new jersey
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had a 2 day training in the Doubletree, accommodations were good. The meeting room was cold, we asked about it and the thermostat said 70 but the vents were in the ceiling over our heads and the air was blowing on us so it felt a little colder. They served coffee and beverages - one of them being hot water but alas, no tea bags were ever put out. Minor inconvenience but hot tea in a cold room would have been nice.
Business center was small but had everything you needed, printer and internet service.
I had to ship a package and mail some letters, the front desk staff were extremely helpful.
Didnt eat a full meal in the restaurant but met my group for drinks before and after dinner out and the staff was friendly. We did have the breakfast which was very good. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Washington, DC
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A quick one night visit, wish I had stayed longer! Room was comfortable and spacious. Very helpful staff and great value. Good location, as there are plenty of shopping and dining options within walking distance. Good stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business