Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Annapolis
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Annapolis
Reviewed October 24, 2007

The staff at the hotel was terrific. From the front desk to the bar/restaurant area, everyone was very friendly and happy to accomodate all of our requests. We didn't arrive at the hotel until after midnight, so we weren't that bothered by the music being played in the restaurant downstairs on a Friday night. However, after being out all day Saturday, we were exhausted. The music was way too loud. We called the front desk, and the woman came up to give us a room key for a different room. The room was quiet, but not as clean as our first room. Overall, the rooms need an overhaul (carpets are dirty, walls need to be painted). Our first room had a sleep number bed which was very comfortable. I wouldn't stay here again, but I do want to compliment all the hotel staff on offering excellent service. I also would recommend the Sunday brunch.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed October 9, 2007

I am currently working in the Annapolis area and I stayed previously at two other hotels before I discovered The Doubletree. I was very frustrated with the other two places I had visited, however after staying at the Doubletree, I will never look for any place else to stay! Excellent! Excellent!!

The staff is "excellent", and after a few visits they address me by my name and pamper me beyond what I expected. The food at the Ports of Call Restaurant is a absolute elegant experience.

And last but not least......... "the warm chocolate chip cookies", given to each guest at check-in along with a warm smile and welcome, are the best!

C. Y. Holliday-Parker

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank Easszzy
Reviewed October 3, 2007

This is the second time I attended a conference at the Double Tree in Annapolis. Both times the conference was an hour long, since I only get a 30 minute lunch, I can only attend the second half. Food is buffet style, however, I find it rude to eat while the speaker is speaking. Right after the speaker was done, the staff, who is waiting right there, took the food away, they do not wait until everyone has left, some of us did not get any food and was told we could not take any away with us, that is fine, but the food is taken away so fast we could not get any. Since this is the second time this happened I know it was not just a fluke. The speaker on my last conference almost did not get a plate himself. The staff needs to be told not to take away the food before everyone leaves. I was told that they take the food home for themselves when there is left overs. The staff was rude & almost learking over the food so that they can take it. I will never attend another conference here.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2007

I recently stayed two nights. We were fortunate to get a large suite. The hotel offers free Wifi and a nice 24hr office with two PCs with a printer. I had two breakfasts with the second day the service was rather slow. Be aware if you get a room facing the highway like we did, it is rather noisy. The hotel is nicely located across the street from a strip mall with shops and a few restaurants. Otherwise, there is nothing else walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2007

Spent 1 night in August there. Room was clean and well equipped. Walls are a little thin, there was a baby in the room next to mine that cried pretty much all night and woke me up several times. Check in/out was efficient.

The hall leading to the room smelled musty and there was evidence of either a problem with the air conditioning vents (condensation) or water from the roof because of a number of missing ceiling tiles in the hallway.

Location is ok. It's not downtown but not hard to get to.

Biggest surprise was the bar/restaurant. The food was very good and the menu was varied. It is well above the average.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank Barnacle_Bill1
Reviewed September 5, 2007

I spent three nites at Doubletree with my husband and ten year old son. We were there during the last week of August.

We had a very good time. We enjoyed our stay. The room was large with a very comfortable king bed. The room did look out over a busy highway but the noise was minor.

The outdoor pool was enormous by hotel standards. It was L-shaped and very deep on one end. Everyone had plenty of room to swim and play.

I did not bring a laptop so I utilized the business center. There were two computers and the internet was fast. The maintenance dept. responded swiftly when I reported a computer problem one morning.

The fitness center was open when I was there. It was small but very clean, with about 4 machines and weights. Looked fine to me.

The hotel is on the outskirts of town. It is a short drive to a mall and fast food places. My son was thrilled with Fuddruckers.

All in all, we found it a very pleasant place to stay while exploring Annapolis.

Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank Rozpause
Reviewed August 22, 2007

This hotel surprised me. I booked it based on excellent reviews from several sources on the web. For Annapolis it is a little pricier than the budget hotels nearby.

When we arrived there was a plastic shopping bag hanging off the front door. At first I thought someone left their garbage but it turned out to be fruit and a drink. There was no indication this was a courtesy from the hotel so I was not sure if some kook left it or not.

The room was pleasantly decorated, light & bright. There was some chunks coming off the ceiling and the bathroom door did not shut or lock properly.

I pulled out my laptop and there was no wireless signal! Ok so I pulled out the phone jack thinking I must need a direct connection and nothing! No access to my computer or the Internet was a disappointment.

We turned on the air conditioning, which is contained in the ceiling, and the air comes out of the blackened vent and sounds like you are on the highway.

The hotel also offers NO continental breakfast. My husband and daughter headed off the to advertised gym and guess what? There is none. It is “under construction”

We decided the gym was the last straw and checked out.

BTW if you are looking to go to Baltimore you will have to drive about 25-30 minutes from here.

The hotel lacked BASIC amenities that I have found at hotels that charge less.

On a positive note, they do provide a nice care package of shampoo, conditioner, facial cleanser & moisturizer and the hotel is very clean.

This could have been a nice place to stay, but for travelers looking for basic conveniences you need away from home, they are off the mark here.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family