“Great fun with friends”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our second visit. First time was just the 2 of us and we sat at the food bar. This time, there were 4 of us on a Saturday. We arrived at 4:45 and were about the 5th seating in line. Lovely day! We were lucky and got one of the two tables outside. Excellent wine selection by the glass. Beer is good as well. We had a salad, and 2 pizzas and an order of asparagus. All were excellent. The pizza is enough for 2 people. Try this place out! Off the beaten path.

1  Thank jck123123
There are newer reviews for Vin 909 Winecafe

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Cool little place w/ great service & food!
We arrived at 8 and were told at least an hour wait due to the size of our group.
We ordered drinks at the bar, I gave the bartender my credit card & he stated this was not necessary, just the name under the table would do. Cool; I'm definitely not in N.Y. anymore.
20 minutes later we were told by our hostess that an outside table was ready. Nice surprise.
Only half our group was here, with the other half 20 minutes away and they sat us anyway!
We ordered apps while we waited; olives, meat platter & cheese platter. All were vg.
For dinner we ordered the special pizza, Gnudi, sea scallops and enchiladas...everyone loved there meals.
Wine & Beer selections was great..Annabella 5 red blend, some great IPA's.
All around vg+

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Wow. I am missing something here! Food is too-too - too little, too oddly flavored and too crispy. Pizza is the strangest I have seen - basically as flat as a potato chip with colored sections on the crust that look like vestiges of real food. Also had two other dishes with same reaction, too-too. Desserts were bland. Wine list asi-asi but with humorous descriptions of categories.
Wait staff is excellent.
Place is so noisy you can barely hear yourself think. Guy next to us surely was trying out for a cheerleading squad that had no megaphones. Coupled with the acoustics, a disaster.
Lovely garden out front and to the side.
Crowded. Obviously, I am missing something, but I would not return.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Some of the best pizza I have eaten! The wine list is good and the price for a bottle is reasonable. They do not accept reservations, so you must put your name on the waiting list. The wait can be long, but go buy a bottle of wine and enjoy outside until they call your name. They also have other food selections that are just as good as the pizza.

I would highly recommend Vin 909 Winecafe!

Enjoy!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Definitely worth the wait.. best pizza I've had in a long time and the wine list is awesome, as is the staff!!