“This one is worth the wait!”
Review of Vin 909 Winecafe

Vin 909 Winecafe
Ranked #2 of 368 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Vin 909 Winecafé in Eastport (Annapolis) is a gem. They have a great selection of beers (bottled and draft) and a very large selection of wines. Most of the food is served tapas style--small plates. Each and every item on the menu is delicious. However, the ingredients change due to availability of fresh, locally sourced, naturally grown (some organic) foods. The pizzas are phenomenal. They are different, with unusual toppings, but don't let that stop you. The pizzas are big enough to share. I have been to Vin 909 several times...right after it opened and during each season. There is an outside seating area year round. There is always a line. There is a line down the sidewalk before it opens. There is a line and a crowd at the door after it has been open awhile. The food and ambience are worth waiting for. This is a fun place to visit, eat, drink, watch food prep and enjoy.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This quaint restaurant is hidden away in a residential neighborhood in Eastport. There are no reservations so be prepared to wait but it is worth it. While you are waiting you can sit outside on benches and enjoy a glass or wine or mug of beer. The menu consists of appetizers, sandwiches, small plates, and brick oven pizzas. There are a limited number of entrees. Everything is fresh from local farms. The salads are uniquely delicious. I ordered the eggplant pizza expecting a personal size but it is large enough to share (I used a doggie bag.) We also sampled a warm mozzarella and tomato appetizer--outstanding. Although I was totally full, I sampled the chocolate dessert--amazing.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Absolutely love the wild boar meetballs. Put them in a hoagie or on a pizza. The wine selection is great. Have not found an item on the menu that I did not like. Must go back an try everything else. Have been there half a dozen times. Always go early to get the first seating. Or go after the first seating for a little later service. Very good service and food.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This place. Everything here is made with fresh, quality ingredients, and is seriously good. It's easy to overlook the location since it's not right on Main Street but they have their own parking lot and you can also park on the street. My husband and I always split the mozzarella and a pizza. Recently we've gotten the boar meatball pizza which is SO good. Our first time there I think we had a BBQ pork pizza which was also amazing. But that mozzarella. It is ridiculous. Sometimes I actually crave it. You just have to go and try it!!!!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I visited Vin 909 last week based on Trip Advisor reviews - we were so glad we did! It's an easy place to pass by - a renovated house in a residential neighborhood in Eastport (just outside Annapolis), but it's beautifully done, with a couple of tables on the front porch and a nice outdoor seating area in the back. We sat inside at the bar and had excellent service by our waiter/bartender, Spencer, who was working his butt off and seemed to be loving it. He made some very nice recommendations for beverages and food. There is an interesting wine list and a good beer selection. The food, as another reviewer put it, is eclectic and fresh. And delicious! The flat bread pizza we shared (The Maize) was excellent, as were each of our salads, all with the freshest of seasonal ingredients. (Fresh gooseberries in the salad - how often do you find that?? They were yummy.) Desserts (chocolate pots de crème and white chocolate almond bars in raspberry sauce) were to die for. Prices are reasonable. The atmosphere is wonderful - classy but relaxed, not stuffy, with a youthful energy to it. This place is excellent in every way. We live 3 hours away, but can't wait to get there again.