“Love those kids meals!”

California Tortilla
Ranked #149 of 369 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My kids could eat here 6 out of 7 days. Hard tacos always fresh and the queso is #1 in town. Beats both Chipotle and Mo's yummy white queso by an edge. We feel like our frequent shopper card is always giving us more points towards food purchases (indicative of how often we eat there). There are always coupons in the papers and local rags so marketing makes it even better if one is organized enough to remember to bring the discount.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Fresher ingredients than you'll find in other fast food and flexibility to customize your order to reduce fat and change other ingredients. The Wall of Flame offers 75 sauces with a grading scale of mild to super hot. The Burrito Elito loyalty program earns points towards getting dollars off, and occasionally free food items are added to your card. The Annapolis location offers excellent service delivered with friendly smiles. It also has one of the new soda machines with dozens of options. Definitely worth a stop if you're in the area and looking for something quick and tasty.

1  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I've never had food that tastes like this in California so I don't know why they have this name. There's weird seasoning to the food and I don't understand the need for it. It's like they purposely try to hide the taste of the meat by overseasoning it. I've been here twice. The second time I had a free coupon for tacos and decided to give them another shot, but ended up throwing my food away (which I never do). At least they have a wall of hot sauce to alter the taste of the food.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

3 Simple Reasons why California Tortilla beats Chipotle:

1. Quirky newsletters and promotions
2. The Game Show Wheel O' Promos
3. BBQ Ranch Burrito/Quesadilla

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I frequent this place at lunch time several times a month as I work nearby.

The Black Bean Caesar burrito is delicious. They have about 50-60 hot sauces to choose from so I always kick it up a notch wiith a few drops of "Scorned Woman" hot sauce. LOL

The chips and queso are really good and I really like the touchscreen soda fountain with so many good choices. Where else can you get Mr. Pibb Zero on tap!?

If you're in the area and in the mood for Mexican, make a pit stop here, you won't be disappointed.