“A great meal with family”

Paladar Latin Bar and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Paladar Latin Bar and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 358 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riva Road
Description: Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar is a fresh, colorful and fun Latin American restaurant experience inspired by Central & South America, Cuba and the Latin Caribbean. With guidance from our warm and welcoming staff, our guests discover the bold flavors and vibrant cultures of Latin America without leaving their comfort zone. Our approachable menu features freshly prepared guacamole, slow roasted and grilled meats, fresh seafood and homemade salsas. The rhythm of Latin Music sets the tone at our unique rum bar that offers fresh muddled Mojitos, over 50 selections of Rum and an affordable and exciting wine list.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We visited Paladar Latin Bar and Restaurant for a birthday dinner for my son on May 25th and were treated to a wonderful evening of good food and great service. Paladar offered us an expansive Happy Hour of reasonably priced drinks and tapas that easily doubled for a main course. Cheery service was provided to us by our server Eddie who I would heartily recommend for your next visit to Paladar. If you are in Annapolis and like Latin food, I suggest you give Paladar a try.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We eat here at least once every 2 months. Always great Latin food. The star cocktail is their dynamite Mohitos. Best in Annapolis and several choices. The pomegranate version is a nice variation. I tend to eat the same things. I love ceviche, some of theirs are a little sweet for me, so I have the mixed seafood one. And always a Cuban sandwich. If hungry enough, their black bean soup is one of the best. My wife likes the pork roast with a hnt of cinnamon. Always tender. The guacamole is great and they have some unusual chips with plantain, jicama and others in the mix. Recommend this if you like Latin. We are including a picture of our dessert.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Overall, I thought the food here was just okay. Not bad at all, but not anything amazing. Fairly reasonable, and the decor is trendy. I also thought the service was really good.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

It seems everyone is cutting back these days, as we anticipated getting the nice basket of chips that usually comes gratis, but none arrived. We sat at the bar, it was 5:00 on a Thursday evening. The place was nearly empty. From the get go I wasn't liking the bartender who was also to be our server. He seemed completely disinterested and disengaged. I don't even get the aloof, sophisticated, pretending to be cool vibes of folks in the food and beverage industry in Manhattan, and I certainly don't expect that kind of treatment at a lively Latin chain in Annapolis.

But so it was. The calamari with the jicama, mango and jalapenos was spot on- crunchy, tender, flavorful with a nice balance of flavors. This is a dish I would order again and again. The mushroom empanadas had good earthy, woodsy flavor from the start, but after they cooled it was kind of a mushy mess. Blackened tilapia tacos looked great, but someone forgot the accompanying aioli which was a needed ingredient to pull everything together. Of course, we didn't get it right away because the bartender was too busy conversing with his fellow staff to give a hoot that his customers might require some attention. There was no smile, no "how is it?", or is "there anything else that you need?" Yeah, if the place was packed and he had to do double duty as server and bartender I could understand this lack of service, but he had no excuse this time. His non-chalant, I'm doing you a favor attitude was insulting. Once a request was made he was ok and somewhat gracious, but he had none of the characteristics I would look for in a bartender. I tried to flag down other servers and no one paid attention.

Even the Big Apple hot spots should not condone this type of behavior from their staff. And for this place to do it? Come on. For the record, they have happy hour specials for food and drink that is only available in the lounge. If that is what you offer than you should have the right staff in place to dedicate their attention and service to its patrons.

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

The service was excellent, however the food was unsatisfactory. I ordered the skirt steak with pinto beans and rice. The food was tasteless and bland the grilled skirt steal tasted as if the grill needed cleaning It was barely warm. My drink, which was suppose to be a cilantro/mango margarita had no liquor or at least I could not taste it.
Last but not least I wanted to try to end on a good note so I ordered the bread pudding the worst I've ever tasted .