“Excellent food in a Historic Building by the Bay!”

Dock Street Bar & Grill
Ranked #24 of 359 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were in town on a business trip and my husband
loves crab cakes and wanted to watch the Bears game. So, based on other TripAdvisor
reviews we decided to stop in. Wow...are we glad we did!
My husband said they were the best crab cakes he's ever had!
There were huge chunks of sweet crab unlike some places
that only use a little crab and a lot of filler.
The crab dip was amazing!! We had 2 orders. :)
I had the seared tuna with sesame that was also excellent.
The waitstaff was also friendly which is a plus.
I highly recommend this place if you like seafood!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The crab cakes were not only excellent, they were awesome. We enjoyed the place so much that we ate both lunch and dinner there. The wait staff couldn't be better. It was wonderful to dine outside. Great location in the middle of one of America's best cities.

1  Thank C0rgiL0ver
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is the second time I've eaten at Dock Street. Each time I had the crab cake sandwich, substituting asparagus for the french fries (which actually are seasoned potato spirals).

The crab cake ranks among the best I've ever eaten. The lumps were large, the crab was sweet, and the lack of any significant filler made me wonder how it held together. The large (6 oz.?) cakes are broiled and carry a touch of Old Bay seasoning to bring out the flavor. The house-made whole grain mustard tartar sauce was very good and not overwhelmed by the mustard.

The sandwich came on a Kaiser roll and included tomato and lettuce in addition to the fries. At $16, the price was a little lower than elsewhere, which made it even nicer. A single unaccompanied crab cake is only $13. Don't bother with the crab cake dinner, which costs $5 more than the sandwich but only adds an extra side. The other platters I saw looked very generous, so excellent value (other than that dinner).

The place is small, but not grungy. On my first visit, I ate inside, which was a bit darker than I like. Tonight I ate outside facing the always-bustling City Dock, which was very enjoyable and which I recommend as long as the weather holds up.

Service was terrific. Our waiter checked up on us from time to time without being intrusive and went back more than once to get us extra items that we requested after we started eating.

I haven't tried anything else on the menu (why would I?), but if you want great crab cakes in Annapolis, go to Dock Street.

1  Thank DaveC1942
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stopped by during a weekday, a bit late for lunch. No one in the place, which is small and quaint. Sat at the bar, they have a really good bottled beer selection. The sign outside says "annapolis best crab cakes", which really sounds enticing. I usually don't order crab cakes since they generally are lousy in most places - except here. They were outstanding. Big chunks of crab, no apparent filler, spiced and cooked just right. We got crab cake sandwiches (lunch), which came on excellent rolls, seasonal perfect tomatoes (wish more places would do that instead of the crummy ones even during summer), great fries. It was perfect! Great service, outstanding food. Price was right too. Nothing negative to say. Might be a bit small (great location right down by the water) but don't let that turn you off. Go for the crabcakes!

1  Thank SurfTravelGuy
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We loved the crab cakes. We stopped in here after arriving in town late. It was so worth it. We were so happy we went back for lunch.

1  Thank Dakota14