“Perfect for a light meal and nice wine”
Review of Crush Wine House

Crush Wine House
Ranked #164 of 369 Restaurants in Annapolis
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lafayette Avenue
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The food is excellent and we have tried all of the small plates and several entrees. I have not had anything that I would not order again but my favorite is the seared tuna and the scallops with curry rissoto. Sometimes when we eat out we just want a light meal and their small plates are perfect. It is a cute place in an old building with great ambience and I really liked sitting on their comfy couch while I enjoyed the wine and appetizers. The wine flights are well thought out and a great way to try something new. I alway thought I hated Malbecs until I tried one here on a wine flight and now I am a fan. I really can't relate to any of the negative reviews because we have always had such a good experience at Crush Wine House.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Last week we hosted a rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding at Crush...what a great decision. Not only was the venue atmosphere perfect...trendy yet cozy...but the food was spectacular.
The manager Chris Chambers was beyond helpful when planning the event. He absolutely shouldered the stress of planning and made the experience easy and pleasant for us. The staff on the day of the rehearsal dinner was amazing! Not only was their service top notch but their willingness to please and genuine friendly attitude brought more responses than we can count from our guests.
Once we decided on Crush for our event we did visit several times for a tasting of food, beers and wines. Each time the food, drink and service was the quality you would find in a 5 star wine bar/restaurant in a larger metropolis.
Our event was a memorable evening in large part due to the food, special planning and staff of Crush. Whether looking for a dinner out, drinks or hosting an event, Crush will not disappoint!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went here because the bed and breakfast we were staying at gave us a $20 coupon. Place could use a little more decorating to have a point of view but the food was good so who cares, right? Our waiter was a young Jack Black...very laid back but personable. Hubby had the salmon and loved it. I had house salad and veggie flatbread. Both really good. Place might be a tad pricey but we enjoyed ourselves. Check it out!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I were given a Living Social coupon as a gift, had $30 to spend. This restaurant is very expensive, both food and wine. The restaurant is one big open room with a bar toward the back of the room. Upon entering, there was four adults with a toddler. Not sure why you would go to a wine bar with a toddler (who was running around screeching). The host was also our waitor and the only employee waitor at that. Three other tables filled while we were there. Our host / waitor was friendly, although sloppy in appearance and mummbled instead of talking loud and clear. We decided on a white wine flight consisted of four, 5 oz pours. I had the Chardonnay & the Dry Reisling, my husband had the Viogner & Blanc? We are regular wine drinkers, the wine was ok but nothing we would seek out to purchase or must have again. I ordered the Scallop casserole as my entree. This consisted of about 8 - 10 large scallops perfectly cooked with great flavor. They were swimming in a pan of butter, so I removed them and put them on a dry plate. The sides were a mixed veggie (onions, zuchini & squash), and a scoop of couscous. Both sides were very good in flavor, delicious. I believe I probably ate a week's worth of calories in my meal. The cost of my entree was $25. My husband had a seafood pasta, advertised as spicy. I had some of his dish and it was not spicy at all, very delicious in flavor with large shrimp. I'm not sure exactly but I think his dish was $21.

Overall rating, is three stars due to expensive pricing, just ok wines and sloppy appearance of waitor. I believe we will return to try some of the appetizers. Two of the occupied tables had the crab dip and said it was delicious, also big enough to share.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Great to have the wines available by bottle..then Glass..even smaller pairings & tastings.
Tapas sized portions & create your Own Imported Meat & Cheese plates just to name a few options . Fresh Vegetables als well prepared.Tender Filet Mignon. Need to take skills of wait staff to next level.. perhaps more sommelier training.. Overall good experiience

Been to Crush Wine House? Share your experiences!