“Fine time”

Cross street: Lafayette Avenue
Cockeysville
“Fine time”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Used a living social coupon. We husband, daughter, and I loved our meal here. We had two wine flights, queso dip, crab cakes, Brie, and bread pudding and ice cream. We sat outside, enjoyed our wine and our meal. Wait staff was good and friendly. Meal was very fun.

• Visited August 2013

Maryland
“Really Bad Experience - Won't Go Back”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We went to Crush a year and a half ago and it was really nice. Something has changed big time. I don't know if it has changed ownership or what, but it was a terrible experience. I had a Living Social Coupon and even with that I feel like we were extremely ripped off for the experience we had. First of all, I understand why they are offering Living Social deals. We walked in at 6pm and there was one couple other than us in the place. Such a huge difference from a year and a half ago. It was so busy then we couldn't even find a place to sit. There was a funky smell which should have been our first clue, but we were there, wanted to use our coupon and decided to give it a try. We ordered two glasses of red wine at $9 each. I agree with other reviewers that the prices are unreasonable. Especially for the quality of wine they are offering. We ordered two appetizers. The scallops and tuna tartar. The scallops were good. The tuna tartar was inedible. I took my first bite and chewed and chewed and chewed. I could not get it down. I ended up using a tissue in my purse to get rid of it. Really really bad with no flavor. My husband agreed. When the waiter came and asked how things were we told him the scallops were good, but we were extremely disappointed with the tuna tartar. He could clearly see we hadn't eaten it and were dissatisfied but never offered us another option in place of it and never took it off the bill. Any reputable restaurant would have offered those options. I'm glad we had the coupon so we didn't spend the total amount. But we still feel extremely ripped off. When I looked over at the other couple, they also seemed to be dissatisfied. Just getting through the meal. We won't go back. Not when there are other options in the Annapolis area. Crush needs to get it's act together big time if it's going to stay open. Which I have to believe won't be for long if it continues like it is.

• Visited August 2013
Annapolis, MD
“Not worth it!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I visited to have some appetizers and a couple of glasses of wine. To start, the venue is very attractive and nicely appointed. It has a quaint rustic feel with tables, couches and a bar.
We each had a glass of wine and when they start at $9 a glass (2 total on the menu at this price), you know it may be a pricey restaurant. We each ordered a glass of red ($10 & $12) and they were fine, but nothing superb.
We then ordered 2 appetizers - the mussels ($12) and tuna tartar ($14). We all know that the cost of mussels are minimal, so if you are going to charge $12, you better make sure they are all open and edible, but our bowl had 5 that were not opened (a bit of a pet peeve). The tuna tartar was very good and I would recommend it.
We then ordered the duo cheese plate, which was $12. They served it with crackers that had a topping of sesame, poppy seeds and garlic. I found the crackers to be overbearing for the cheese. I also had another glass of wine with the cheese.
I want to make a point about the waiter. He was friendly enough and very attenentive, but his appearence was lacking. He just did not dress impressively enough for a place charging the prices they do. He wore an extremely large, ratty black t-shirt and bulky, worn-out jeans. Just not something that I would expect a waiter to wear.
In the end, our bill came to $88 for 3 glasses of wine and 3 appetizers. This place is over priced in my opinion. They need to re-work their food and wine menu to make it a bit more affordable. I doubt I will ever go back with it in its current format when I have so many other choices in Annapolis. This may work in NY or DC, but in Annapolis? Sorry - too rich for my blood.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Great gourmet appetizers and excellent wine”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have been to this restaurant 4 or 5 times. We always have excellent appetizers and a nice bottle of wine. Tonight we had 3 appetizers: mini crab cakes, scallops and tuna. They were all excellent. The Colterenzio-Schreckbichl Pinot Grigio, Alto Adige, Italy was excellent and reasonable at $37/bottle. (Store price is $15/bottle. Restaurants typically charge 3 to 5X the cost for a bottle). We had the added treat of a great Jazz combo that played while we ate. Service was excellent.

Queenstown, Maryland
“Quaint Ambience and good food/appetitizers”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

great place for a wine tasting party. The menu list is short, but the food is very well prepared. If you are looking for an evening of appetitizers and wine/beer this is a place you should try.