“Last minute cancellation”

SegZone Tour of Annapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway tours of Annapolis
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Don't make a 5:00 reservation or you might recieve a phone call like we did. They cancelled on us because the segways needed to be charged, they had a rough day and had run out of juice.
This was after having to wait 2 months to book a 2 hour reservation on the weekend. They had another opening in December if we were interested. We were not!

3  Thank PAM G
There are newer reviews for SegZone Tour of Annapolis

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My sons, ages 14 and 16, and I went on our first Segway Tour yesterday. I'm so glad that I made our reservations. Our trainer and tour leader did an awesome job. All had an amazing time!
IMPORTANT: Make reservations well in advance. They sell out quickly!
PS My sons want me to make plans for us to go again!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was my husband and I's first time on a segway and we had to much fun actually riding it. If we had to do it over we would just rent them and go out on our own with a book of the city because unfortunately, a woman in our group couldn't get the hang of it so she held us up a lot. We did the two hour tour and the first hour is tour and the second hour is on your own or continued tour. We choose to go out on our own and we had so much fun. I think the guy who gave us the tour was named Jesse and he had some interesting facts but he was by no means a history major or anything. We arrived early for our tour not knowing what to expect and the girl at the front desk seemed annoyed we were so early but they let us use their bathroom. She also complained about how she drives all the way to Annapolis from Delaware because its her mom's business. I was thinking to myself TMI but otherwise they were professional, accepted my groupon and we had a great day. I only gave it three stars because I am a hard grader, I dont think everything in the world deserves five stars but I would bring my out of town family back here to rent segways in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had a terrific Sunday afternoon experience. This was our first Segway trip. We sure hope to comeback. The staff, Jesse and Nancy, was very helpful and friendly. They gave us good riding and safety instructions and we quickly became accustomed to the Segway. We took a historical tour of Annapolis and continued with sightseeing of Annapolis neighborhoods. The guide, Jesse, had quite a few insights into history of the town and architectural landmarks. Jesse was very professional with one of the guests who complained about a few drops of rain we experienced and was generally not a team player and thought the trip was just for her.
Thanks again Jesse and Nancy for such a wonderful experience.
Mike,Alex,Andrei

Reviewed August 5, 2012

First the bad.... our two hour tour at 5 pm started at 6:15 due to a miscommunication among office staff that overbooked the tour by one person. Recommend you communicate VERY clearly with these folks, and call to confirm everything before you arrive. Our delay was one of kindness, however, because although the SegZone staff goofed, we waited while the staff borrowed an extra Segway for the extra person (i think from the previous SegZone owner, who now owns a Segway dealership just a few minutes away). Jesse (tour guide, imagine a more robust Johnny Depp) and Nancy (office staff, imagine a cuter version of Danielle from American Pickers) were very kind and obviously dedicated to ensuring their customers had a good, safe Segway tour.

A bit more focus on their business organization would help, yet even though I was pissed as hell to wait 75 minutes for the tour, by the evening's end, I was so happy, relaxed, and content, I was GLAD we had the delay! I never even noticed the 95+ degree heat! That's how good Jesse's tour was. The tour started with lessons inside the small office, and if I, Ms. Three Left Feet, can ride a segway, anyone can. We practiced around the office on the sidewalk, and within 20 minutes all 9 of us were zooming away to see the sites. We saw several 5 part Georgian mansions, with Jesse explaining basic architecture, Naval Academy info, ghost stories, history (past and present), and even restaurant recommendations. The "first hour" of the tour lasted about 90 minutes, and the second hour lasted about 45 minutes, so all in all, Jesse gave us extra time. We also got to zip around the waterfront for about 20 minutes while Jesse went for new batteries (recommend he carry a bag with extra batteries, an extra radio, and some bandaids).

If you're concerned about riding a Segway, let me allay any fears. I am pretty much a klutz, and I was "dancing" with my husband (also on a Segway) by evening's end. Movement backwards and forwards is done by slightly adjusting pressure on the feet, simply by rocking SLIGHTLY on the balls of the feet (forward) or the heels (backwards). Slight movement of the center of gravity is all it takes, and I watched several other women, also not the most graceful, transform into Segway mommas by night's end. Do wear very comfortable shoes-- two hours standing in one place isn't the easiest on the feet, although we had some breaks where we stopped and sat on some steps and stone walls. They also have a one hour tour, and they rent the segways by the hour or two hour time frame.

We booked through a groupon coupon. If you do the same, expect to pay sales tax when you arrive. Also, signing a waiver for accidents is a given. Be smarter than me, and leave your purse, backpack, or extras in the car. Nancy was kind enough to watch my carryall. They provide bottled water, but remember to bring a camera for some great photos, which Jesse stopped for along the way for us. Use basic common sense when you ride--look both ways, don't take stupid chances, and follow the guide's direction. As long as you can remain flexible and go with the flow, you should have a great time.

1  Thank muse_clio