“Go on your birthday it's free!”

The Chop House - Annapolis
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House - Annapolis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 357 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We moved to Annapolis and wanted to go somewhere nice for my birthday. If you go on your birthday you get a huge discount. If there's two of you it's 50% off if its 4 people then 25% off. So basically the birthday person is free. Our server was very personable. Forgot a few things but made up for it with personality. Food was great. Free dessert. We would definitely go back. My husband is a chef and used to work for fine dining steakhouses this place is really good.

1  Thank aleedol17

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I'll start this off by saying, the food was excellent, the service was just okay. We arrived here roughly about 7:45 pm on a Friday evening. The wait was only about 15 mins for a table. I went to the bar to order a glass of wine while waiting, the bartender was a little rude because he really wanted to devote his full attention to another party at the bar. Anyway I asked for a glass of Zin. When I received the glass, the smell was just not right. I asked him how long had the bottle been open. He said, "we just opened this tonight..." I said, "it tastes old..." he was a little upset. So, another bartender came up and asked was everything okay? I told him about the wine, he opened another bottle to taste the wine and said, "hmm, it may be a bit old, I'll open another...". That made me very happy as he realized the other bottle may have been sitting a day or two as many people do not order it by the glass. We went on to be seated, our server was just okay. Very dry personality, lack-luster service. To me, when you are spending $200+ for 2 ppl at a fine dining establishment, you expect a higher level of service. Not our server. We got our food, it was delicious. We ate, ordered a glass of wine and moved on through the meal. Overall the food was excellent the service just okay. I’ll give them another try.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Chop House offers a great Happy Hour with $5.00 martini's and a great selection of appetizers. Their seared tuna and flatbread pizzas are both delicious and a great value. I've also enjoyed their dinner menu with one of the best ribeye steaks in town and an excellent wine selection.

2  Thank GaryinAnnapolis
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I really, really wanted to love this restaurant and might be able to claim I did if I'd actually eaten IN it rather than ordered takeout, but...here goes:

The good: Unbelievably delicious Kobe sliders and baked potato. Best I've had, ANYwhere.

The bad: 20 minutes late on pickup time promised. No cutlery or napkins in takeout bag. Meager, wilted and painfully average "handcut" french fries. Salad wedge could have come from Lone Star; ditto the massively overpriced chocolate lava cake.

All in all...I'd give this place another try and hope that dining in is better than the takeout experience--but won't make it a priority to return.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Wonderful meal, good wine list, service and atmosphere. Relaxed atmosphere means not feeling rushed and having a little bit of time between appetizer, entree, etc. Salads were good, steaks, wonderful! Cooked perfectly. Side dishes are served family style and there was plenty for the three of us in each side dish we chose. The wild mushroom side was great, and perfect with our steaks. Wines by the glass and bottle were not hatefully priced. Large portions met plenty to take home, which is OK too! Peanut butter bomb for dessert, a good thing. And do they have a deal for birthdays! It was mine, and birthday people received free dinner. Wine/liquor not included, and it must be actually on your b-day. The manager checked on us a couple of times to make sure all was going well. It was!
Only possible comment I could make was that there seemed to be no busboys in evidence. Servers also had to clear tables. Which they did well, but could not help but think they needed a little help.