“Food near excellent, Save money , drink water instead of cocktails”

Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 369 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bestgate Road
Description: Stoney River is an upscale steakhouse, specializing in hand-cut steaks and gourmet entrees, served in a sophisticated atmosphere by professional servers. Guests can enjoy diverse menu offerings such as Center-cut Filets, Bone-in Rib-eye's or a Classic NY Strip. Not in the mood for a steak? Stoney River offers fresh seafood selections, signature salads and house specialties. Whether relaxing at the bar or dining in the comfortable atmosphere, enjoy a hand-crafted cocktail, local draft beer or glass of wine from our boutique wine list. Our goal is to provide you with the finest culinary experience that exceeds your expectations.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I returned to Stoney River after a disappointing visit some time ago. This time I was glad I did. I thoroughly enjoyed my steak salad. The server briefed us about their seasoning of the steaks. That was an invitation to me as I love well seasoned food. It was as close to perfect as anyone could get. The salad was fresh and very tasty. We wanted to try the happy hour, but the bar is of limited size, and was unable to seat four with drinks and food.Judging by the lightness of my long Island Iced tea, I only had my one drink, which did not encourage me to consider additional drinks or cocktails. I am trying to make it through the transition of portion down sizing and general price increases, and will not accept flavored water at cocktail prices. The service staff was knowledgeable, friendly, and very pleasant.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Food was okay service was a little slow. We might try this again but not looking forward to it. Other than the ok food the decor was ok.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This has become one of my favorite restaurants. Service is incredible and food is outstanding. Great steaks with interesting sides. If you get on their email list, you get coupons on a regular basis.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I've eaten here on a couple of occasions, when visiting my parents in Annapolis. The decor is very ski-lodgish and cosy. Love the banquettes and fireplace. The food and table service are all top flight with this one exception and I hope it was an anomaly that night. We were a party of 7 and had reservations at 6:00pm. We arrived on time, there was one table seated in the dining room and the bar area was jumping! We waited. Ordinarily, not a big deal except that my brother is in a wheelchair and my father uses two canes. I was twice told someone would be with us. There was absolutely no staff around and it turns out they were having an employee meeting and we were told the third time that someone would be with us when their meeting was over. I've spent over 20 years in the hospitality industry and I have never, ever heard of this. I had even taken one of the staff who stuck their head out the door and pointed out the two people who really needed to be seated sooner than later. It would have taken one person less than a minute to seat us and THEN tell us someone would be with us. All that being said, the rest of the evening was great; it was just a really bad foot to get off on, but I will be back - maybe not at 6:00!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Big fan of awesome steaks. Though this restaurant is attached to the Annapolis Mall it doesn't seem like a Mall eatery. White linen, low mood lighting, great service. The wine was fairly priced and the cocktails were in line for a linen restaurant. Had the Prime Rib, best I ever had!