“Surprisingly unique and independent mall eatery”
Review of Punk's Backyard Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Punk's Backyard Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Independently owned spot with unique dining style and food choices. Probably the best spot to grab a bite in the mall, better than "mall food," if not a full-service venue (which you likely don't need on a visit to the mall).

1  Thank Aerocraft67

Reviewed January 30, 2012

My husband, toddler, and I ended up here quite by accident on a Friday night. We didn't want to wait for a table at the bigger restaurants so we decided to try Punk's when we saw open tables through the windows.

We were pleasantly surprised, and will definitely return. I really dug the decor/ambiance. It really felt like a backyard patio even though you are inside (umbrella tables, etc.). The food arrived quickly and was quite tasty. My husband got a burger and I had the steak sandwich which was a little messy but worth it. The beer selection was great.

I do agree with a previous post about feeling a little rushed when you get there. You have to order up front and then they bring the food to your table. So if there is a line, you can feel rushed, especially if you are seeing their menu for the first time. I suggest checking the menu out in advance on the website. And don't forget the side dishes are all ala carte. My husband was bummed that he missed that part of the menu and didn't have any fries to go with his burger.

I ordered the Caprese Salad and was overly impressed at the quality and taste of the tomatoes considering it was December! I guess they must be sourcing hydroponic tomatoes? Delish!

1  Thank sollycat
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I visited Punks, on my day off, while I was at the mall. I'm a chef and one of my fellow co-workers recommended I go there. Upon entering the menu is standing in front of me, right in the way of the other customers walking through the door. I felt rushed honestly. The beer selection is nice(nothing on tap, sadly). They make there own sodas which is refreshing however. I ordered the shrimp skewers, the shrimp were a little over cooked, but seasoned well. There were 2 things that bothered me about the food. One the mac and cheese NEEDED salt desperately. Two the dressing on the side salad was very heavily dressed and not all of it was seasoned or dressed.

In conclusion be ready to order as soon as you walk in and keep the salt shaker in hand.

By the way service is a tad on the sketchy side.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

The food was plantiful, tasy and actually pretty healthy. They have a very different menu which is nice with all the run of the mill restaurants in the area. They serve beer and wine too! They grill the food right in front of you on gas grills out on the patio, pretty cool!

1  Thank MyrtleVegas
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We have eaten at Punks' regularly since it opened. They always have delicious, fresh, and fairly healthy food. The burgers (beef or turkey) are the best, The variety of salads is great. Always check the menu board for specials of the day - usually good seasonal soups, etc. It's a place the whole family can agree on and enjoy. We tend to prefer taking the kids to places where we can order at a counter for speed, yet serve "real" food. Always fun microbrews to try and usually a sangria or other mixed drink of the day. You can eat on the patio in good weather, however the view is unfortunately of the mall parking lot.