“GREAT neighborhood pub”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
“GREAT neighborhood pub”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went to Heroes a few years ago and liked it but felt it was too far to drive since I had so many restaurants in my local Annapolis neighborhood. A couple of months ago, friends and I decided to try Heroes and were so impressed that we've made it our Friday night spot for dinner at least once per month. The staff is great, typical fun, pub atmosphere, many draft beer choices and a menu to fit everyones palate. It can get crowded but worth the wait.

• Visited April 2014

“Honor the Heroes”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We've driven by Heroes at least three times weekly for years. Finally, we thought, "we should stop and try it." So, on a rainy Wednesday, we did stop.

What a treat! It was both smaller and larger than we expected. Smaller in volume, larger in service and quality.

We both had the prime rib subway, thinking "how can they do this??" Then, when served, thinking, "Boy, did we get this right!!" My lady's wine was not to her liking but my wine and beer were both fine.

So, after a long time of "driving by" a stop gave us another fine place to go to eat and be part of the on-going scene.

• Visited April 2014
“Best neighborhood pub”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Luck for us we live only 5 miles from Hero's. This is our favorite local pub. They make the best Chesapeake chicken wings ever. They serve my favorite, Blue Moon on tap along with at least 50 other types of beer. I often order a Cesar salad with grilled chicken, which is delicious. Our most favorite thing to order is the tacos. You can only get them on Wednesday's and they are not on the regular menu. If you like soft shell tacos, you should most definitely give these a try, you won't be sorry.

Visited November 2013
“Grreat local pub”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Here’s another local place that I’d heard about repeatedly, but only after a recent trip to my dentist that called for a medicinal beer did I stop in.

Let’s get this out up front. Heroes is a pub. No candles, no linen tablecloths. Pub fare. And 48 beers on tap. That was the reason I sought Heroes out in the first place. What I discovered was a friendly local place with what looked to be a clientele of regulars, good chow, and fire and police department patches adorning every square inch of wall space (hence the “Heroes”).

Dental trauma notwithstanding, I was hungry and had the pulled pork sandwich off the daily special menu to accompany my IPA. If not the best pulled pork I’ve ever eaten, it was quite tasty.

Prices were quite reasonable, and the staff friendly and attentive.

I’m looking forward to heading back and sampling more of the food and beers. I may soon count myself among the regulars at Heroes.

• Visited July 2013
Linden, Virginia, United States
“Great place to stop on the way through.”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We were heading to Delaware and it was lunch time. Didn't want fast food, we wanted to sit and talk and relax for a few minutes before continuing on our trip. The food is great. Every time we stop, it has consistently been a good meal. The beer selection if huge for such a small place. The staff friendly. The only drawbacks were the tiny bathrooms. Overall a great place to spend a few minutes, especially if you're involved in a fire department. The place is decorated with badges and patches from various fire departments. It was cool.