“Perfect way to spend a summer's day”

Kayak Annapolis LLC
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for an easygoing, educational and exciting guided kayak tour through one of America's oldest seaports. Annapolis harbor and the United States Naval Academy will be the backdrop for our 3-hour, "history rich" adventure. Our guided tour is designed for everyone and anyone can navigate the waters with our sit-on-top kayaks.
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My girlfriend and I did this tour with a 50% off coupon from LivingSocial, but it would have been well worth the full price as well. The tour was perfect for a summer day, with great pace, great scenery. Captain Kate and Pirate Pete are extremely knowledgeable and friendly and give an informative and amusing tour that includes both a history of Annapolis and interesting sites along the waterfront. They also take a break halfway though and provide drinks and granola bars, while providing interesting tidbits of knowledge about the Naval Academy. I've kayaked before, but the tour begins with a five-minute intro to kayaking, which is helpful for beginners and really all that even a complete novice would need to be able to navigate the calm waters of Annapolis Harbor.

Be sure to reserve a spot at least a few days ahead of time, but note that there is a 24-hour cancellation policy. Also, keep an eye out for the discount tickets on LivingSocial's DC site, as I've seen it come up as a deal on at least two occasions. Lastly, there are three tours a day - 8:30AM, noon, and 3:30PM - each with their own positives and negatives. We did the 3:30, which I enjoyed, but when you make a reservation be sure to ask about the subtle differences between each tour to figure out what is best for you.

All reviews
"beautiful homes"
"water shoes"
"hour tour"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
"fantastic experience"
"couple of hours"
"city dock"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed June 26, 2011

My husband, mother, and I loved this water tour through Annapolis. Pete's love of history and Kate's love of food and kayaking are a great combination for this fun two-hour tour. They will give you great information for other activities to try while in town. Call ahead to ensure your boat is ready when you arrive.

Reviewed October 19, 2010

Spouse and my first visit to Annapolis. What better way to see sailing city than from the water! Highly recommend Pirate Pete and Captain Kate's two hour kayak tour. Lots of local info, history and boating lessons. Relaxed vibe, easy kayaking. Good value

2  Thank cmsheerin
Reviewed August 20, 2010

The kayaking tour was a great way to see a different side of Annapolis. We were able to slide up to big boats in the harbor and paddle along the waterfront. Pete was very knowledgeable and fun to be around. Highly recommended!

1  Thank DCPAgirl
See more reviews
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I have been a Tripadvisor member for quite some time but have never written a review, until now. I cannot say enough good things about this activity and about our tour guides and history buffs Pete and Kate. The company is friendly and professional, the kayaks are safe and comfortable, the 2 hours tour is just long enough, and the guides are filled to the brim with little known facts and tidbits about Annapolis, local history, the Naval Academy, wildlife, the boat industry, etc. The best part is that Pete and Kate are so laid back and down to earth that I felt an immediate kinship. I want to hang out with them! I'm not sure what I liked better -- the kayak tour or listening to the very knowledgeable and extremely likable "Pirate Pete."

1  Thank VirginiaJoey