“They comped us a soup so I almost want to give them a 2, but they deserve a 1”
Review of Gordon Biersch

Gordon Biersch
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 351 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Maryland
“They comped us a soup so I almost want to give them a 2, but they deserve a 1”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were seated right away, but then no one acknowledged us in any way for at least another 20 minutes. Our menus were all dirty and covered in splotches of grease and food from previous users. Pretty sure they realized we were about to leave when they forced a frightened inexperienced waitress with too many tables already to wait on us. For the prices they charge, thats not a good enough excuse especially since they never asked to be excused.

Although my husband asked about the various beers no samples were offered to him although the table next to us did get samples. Beers only took another 10 minutes to arrive, but kid drinks didn't arrive until 20 minutes later when our apps arrived. Spicy clam chowder was not spicy and when asked for crackers, we were told they did not have them. Waitress offered to get bread, but cleared a table and got someone their check first so bread arrived after soup was already consumed. Plus, if you had bread to offer, why not offer it to begin with for your slow service?

After another very long wait, our main dishes arrive. The cajun pasta tastes like they dumped a bunch of cheap sauce out of a jar on some pasta, the steak was supposed to be medium but was medium rare and had to be sent back, when returned, the steak was medium well, the burger which could not be cooked medium rare as requested was medium well.

Oh, and their beer was nothing special.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Maryland0505

Maryland
“Best meal in long time”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We thought it was just another bew pub and always drove by meaning to stop in but didn't. Finally got in there and first was surprised it was so busy for an off night but yet not noisy.

The beer made onsite was great but the food even better. As we drove up we discussed it looked like a $30 a plate place. Was happy to see most entrees well below that in price.

I highly recommend this place for couple or families.

• Visited January 2013
Deale, Maryland
“Good food and great beer”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you ever go you must order the garlic fries and have their own brewed beer. Great food and good environment for all occasions

Visited December 2012
Maryland
“Great beer, burgers and garlic fries!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We come here pretty often. Any of the beers are great. I usually get the farmhouse burger...amazing! We've tried other items on the menu but weren't as good as the burgers. Great atmosphere and full bar.

• Visited January 2013
Bowie, Maryland
“Not Just For Beer Lovers!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Since they specialize in beer and I'm not a beer drinker, I had never thought about trying out this restaurant, but a friend wanted to go there for lunch recently so I agreed to go. So glad I did! The first thing that appealed to me was the aroma when we walked through the door. It made me look forward to seeing what was on the menu. The menu had several tasty sounding selections, and I settled on the Creole Chicken. It was delicious! I also had a glass of Riesling which was very nice. The atmosphere of the restaurant is pleasant and comfortable. The server was friendly and attentive. I really enjoyed the whole experience and look forward to going again.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Gordon Biersch? Share your experiences!