Chez Amis Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Historic Inns of Annapolis(Annapolis)
  • Pool
Village Inn(Annapolis)
View Hotel
All reviewslaw libraryb bstate housebreakfast was deliciousnaval academysweet dogcupcakeshouse dogtreaty of parisother guestsprivate bathroomcookieshistoric annapolislittle touchesshort walkfrittataperfect location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My wife and I enjoyed good conversation with good food and a warm friendly atmosphere. Elly was ever so helpful with information about things to do and thoughts to make our stay special.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Both Elly and Joe were wonderful hosts. Elly, although under the weather, cooked up a storm for two delicious breakfasts and Joe was a great warmer-upper. Conversation with both was lively and fun. Our first room , the Lady Anne, was lovely, but because it was on the first floor could not withstand the loud booming voice of one of the other guests who rose earlier than we and loved to loudly talk with whoever else was up at the time.

Without hesitation or us having to ask, Joe offered us a choice of another room, with a discount . He understood entirely and went out of his way to ensure enjoyed our stay. And that we did.

"Chez Amis" is exactly that. We felt we stayed with friends.

Room Tip: If you enjoy sleeping later than other guests, go upstairs.
Reviewed November 21, 2011

After the chaos of traveling, Chez Amis was a warm, welcome change. Maggie, the resident pup welcomed me as if she hadn't seen me in a thousand years and I was her most favorite person on the earth. Just like home...I miss my dogs when I travel, so Maggie's attention was really appreciated. The B & B was very spotlessly clean and fresh - you'd never know there was a resident pup - and the quiet, yet warm homey feeling was relaxing. The location was good - everything within a reasonable walking distance. Parking is off site, but again, a nice stroll and since it was raining that week, the owners gave me an extra umbrella as I left - REALLY appreciated as it poured the next two days of my trip. The bed was comfortable and private, and overall, I had a great stay. The owners went out of their way to insure that I had a really comfortable, relaxing stay. I'd defintiely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: I stayed in the least expensive room, which had a detached bath. Not a huge problem, but I'd spend the extra $10 next time and get the suite.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I planned a two night stay as a surprise for my wife for our anniversary. After much research, I did choose Chez Amis mostly for its #1 rating of 34 b&b's on this site and its great location. After our stay, we both felt like it was O.K., average, but not #1 worthy. Food quality was O.K.(blueberry waffle on second day was tough, coffee was very good) We stayed in the freshly painted state house room and it was nice. The bed was very comfortable but the bathroom was a bit small, especially the shower. I am not that big, and it was uncomfortable for me to shower. Also, there was a bulb out on the vanity for the length of our stay and we woke up on our second morning to no soap or shampoo. I guess it was never replaced after being cleaned the day before. The lack of attention to detail was not what I expected considering the #1 rating.

2  Thank Subphilapa
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My wife and I stayed in the Lady Anne suite located on the ground floor just off the common sitting area. The room was quite comfortable and well appointed with an insuite bath. We stayed two nights and enjoyed ourselves fully. Having stayed in many B&Bs over the years, we both feel that what sets Chez Amis apart is the warmth and genuine hospitality of our hosts Elly and Joe. They made us feel comfortable and welcome throughout our stay and particularly when we enjoyed the common area for a little R&R after a day of touring Annapolis. Maggie, our hosts most well-behaved dog, also extended her warm welcome each afternoon when we returned from our day in town. I highly recommend a stay at the Chez Amis--you won't be disappointed!