“First Stay at Chez Amis”

Chez Amis Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Fabulous experience! Conveniently located, quiet - Maggie was a charmer and our host Elly was wonderful. We plan to stay here again when we visit Annapolis in the future.

Room Tip: Don't forget to ask Elly for your wooden nickel!

Reviewed October 13, 2011

my husband and i stayed at chez amis for one night during the annual boat show. the location of chez amis could not be more perfect for exploring annapolis...it is in the midst of quaint shops, great restaurants, ego alley and the us naval academy but tucked away on a quiet side street in order to provide a perfect haven for relaxation.

the accommodations are charming and the breakfast, delicious. joe and elly made us feel like old friends. a great stay and highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Chez Amis over Columbus Day weekend, when we drove to Annapolis to take in a Navy football game and visit our son, who is a midshipman at the Naval Academy. We stayed in the Statehouse Room the first two nights, and spent our third night in the Law Library. Both rooms were lovely, although the Statehouse room had an extra sink in the room, as well as a king-size bed. The breakfasts were awesome, and Elly was charming and fun to talk to.

When we made our reservations, we opted for the dinner special at Cafe Normandie, which I highly recommend. With the Chez Amis dinner special, we were able to enjoy the excellent food and ambiance of Cafe Normandie, without spending a lot for dinner, as restaurants can be fairly pricey in Annapolis.

Chez Amis is centrally located in historic Annapolis -- easy walking distance to the city dock and all the shops, as well as Gate # 1 of the Naval Academy and about a 25 minute walk to the Navy football stadium. Our son had overnight liberty on Saturday -- which we only found out about at the last minute -- but Elly had no problem with him sleeping on the floor in our room (we brought a sleeping bag for him) and having breakfast with us the next morning. Chez Amis was a pleasant, comfortable place for all of us to hang when we weren't seeing the sights of Annapolis. Elly keeps a collection of various games, and we enjoyed playing chess and scrabble.

I highly recommend Chez Amis for anyone visiting Annapolis or the Naval Academy. You'll have a terrific time and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Statehouse Room, which is lovely and has a king-size bed. Windows on three sides a...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Can not recommend Chez Amis more highly. My husband and I spent a lovely night in the Law Library, a gorgeous room with a super-comfy bed. The inn is spotless, and elegantly decorated, and Elly is a delight.

Of course, the make-or-break aspect of any B&B is the breakfast! Chez Amis won't disappoint. We enjoyed luscious pear bread, a warm pineapple dish for which I really need to get a recipe, a delicious frittata, and home fries.

The inn itself is very centrally located. There's no on-site parking, but there's a public garage a short hop away, and the inn offers stickers that cut the price in half. It's the best game in town.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

I'm better (I think) at taking photographs than writing reviews, especially with about 26 "Excellent" reviews already posted for Chez Amis. It's quite challenging to say something original and unique at this point. Well, I won't try. Just let me endorse what has been written previously.

You already know the location is ideal, assuming you are a typical guest who wants to explore around the Statehouse, and Church Circle, and of course the United States Naval Academy and St John's College. Main Street with its many shops is just steps away.

Our two-night stay was in the Lady Anne Suite. That room is downstairs and opens directly onto the sitting area. I found this convenient and preferable, and did my reading out there while Maggie the house dog kept vigilance for squirrels occasionally visible on the trees and lines outside on the street.

Elly is a perfect host. She is quiet, helpful, never intrusive, and always eager to assist in any way possible. If we mentioned any activity or service, she would do her research and offer an answer or a possibility for us to consider.

Regarding photos, I want to post some pictures, but in one of my previous reviews TripAdvisor said they were too large--too many megapixels, I assume.

Room Tip: We were only in Lady Anne Suite. I did not see the other rooms.
Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Chez Amis for our 25th anniversary. Joe and Elly run a top rate B&B very clean, friendly and located in the heart of Annapolis. Elly made dinner reservation for us and ordered roses for my wife. Our room, the state House, was large and charming. Breakfest was great and we had a good time with the other guess.We highly recommend Chez Amis for a romantic weekend.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

The outside of this B&B is deceiving compared to what you'll find when you enter the front door. A warm entry into a comfortable living room, Maggie, the dog, waiting patiently for you to pet her, classical music playing in the background, and a warm welcome from the owners Joe & Ellie.
The rooms are comfortable and clean. The breakfast is an art in itself - fresh, tasty, decadent!
Everything to see and do in Annapolis is within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple